Discuss Trying to soiurce a 3/8 curved shoulder tap washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ageingsurveyor

I'm trying to find a new washer for the cold tap in the bathroom handbasin in my fathers bungalow - built in the 80s. Its 3/8 inch in diameter with a curved shoulder. I can find similar shaped washers but only 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch. I'm attaching a picture of the washer and of the tap in case that helps.

Grateful for any assistance - thanks. 20151009_155844.jpg20151010_131140.jpg

Thanks for suggestion but the central hole is much bigger than a standard flat 3/8.

I reckon a 1/2'' will be fine, they may not actually be 1/2'', they could be called that because they fit into 1/2'' taps (basin/sink taps) and not 3/4'' taps (bath taps).
Have you tried one?
Never measured one to be honest though, don't come across domed washers often but when I have the standard ones in tap repair kits have always worked fine. The tap in your picture looks like a standard budget tap, which I've worked on many times, if a 1/2'' washer doesn't work I'd replace the taps for the price of them.

Last edited:
You get these type of washers in the box sets that you can buy, around £7. or go to the DIY outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to soiurce a 3/8 curved shoulder tap washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of...
Replies
Views
Pinhole in Black Alkathene 17.5 3/8" under concrete driveway. Hello, we have managed to 'dink' the mains water supply to our house, during some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bought a Grohe kitchen tap to replace my existing one and have found that it comes with fixed flexi hoses that are 3/8" instead of the UK...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock