Discuss Trianco Eurostar 65 will not flame in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

etaf

Trianco Eurostar 65

My brothers Oil fired boiler failed today !!!!! of all days .....

The fuse was blowing in the control circuilt board for the central heating
I suggested he should check the following, while i was on my way there
1) Removed the pump and tried on a seperate power lead - all OK
2) remove the boiler connection and tried on a seperate power lead - blew the fuse in the plug after a short delay - brother heard the boiler fan start

- on arrival (everything that follows relates just to the boiler )
I removed the relay control box on the bolier fire unit - checked to make sure nothing shorting, no oil leaks onto control unit - all checked out OK

- reconnected to power - this time it it did NOT blow the fuse
the following occured...
1) Started the fan blowing - then after a short delay
2) there was a click from the relay - still the fan noise -(no noise of a flame starting) - after a short delay, the unit stopped and the control unit had a light come on
3) waited a while and then reset the control relay using the button on the front of the relay control unit and the sequence above repeated

- called the Tech support line - 10 mins before leaving for xmas

he suggested
1) remove the flame sensor (this was replaced 7 days ago - for no real reason - had a problem with one of the control valves on the heating system)

- the above sequence occured - no flame
he suggested
2) i check that power was going from the control box to the solinoid

Connected a cable to pin5 - 240V out to solinoid and pin 8 neutral - put a multimeter onto the cable from pin5 & 8 to monitor the voltage

1) connected up as requested

- reconnected to power - nothing on meter
1) Started the fan blowing - after a short delay
2) there was a click from the relay
- the meter showed 240V
- still the fan noise - - after a short delay, the unit stopped and the control unit had a light come on
3) waited a while and then reset the control relay and the sequence above repeated

- Removed the plug from the solinoid and connected the meter to the plug
repeated above sequence and the meter read 240v on the click after the fan had been running for a short while

- Removed the oil feed pipe from just before the filter and checked flow That was all OK, oil came out ..... The oil connection also goes to an arga which is working and the tank level is half full....

- I can also hear the flow of oil and smell the oil during the sequence..

so what to eleminate next

- why has the fuse stopped blowing

- any links to full burner assembly instructions

Thanks, I will be back down at my brothers on 28th Dec

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Eurostar 65 will not flame in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock