Discuss thermostat with a small differential + anticipator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark07

Hello,

I need some advice please. The central heating in our home oscillates the house temperature too much. It's specially uncomfortable at night, waking people up when the bedrooms become too hot.

I've just done some Googling and I learned about thermostats with smaller differentials (some even adjustable), and about anticipators. Excellent.

At Amazon I found a thermostat with adjustable differentials (down to 1C), and some others with anticipators. However, I couldn't find a thermostat with both.I guess it's probably due to lack of details in Amazon's tech descriptions?

Any suggestion please?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark, what do you have at the moment? Do you have TRV on the radiators in the rooms? If so, which ones? What's the property dimensions/type.

and what room stat do you have at the moment

Hi Howsi, ShaunCorbs, rpm,

Thank you for the replies,

We have a Honeywell thermostat, mechanic/analogue, looks oldish, I don't know the model name or number.
And Honeywell TRVs in all rooms, they look like this:
(I tried to post a link to a photo of a TVR that looks like ours but the Forum didn't allow it.)

The house is a smallish 3 bedrooms semi-detached (75m2). The thermostat is on the ground floor, in the hallway, by the stairs.

We have a toddler and his bedroom needs to be warmer than mine. I leave my TRV off, but even so my bedroom gets too hot for me. We leave the TRV in the hallway (near the thermostat) fully open, as the living room and the bathroom's upstairs. My son's (the toddler) TRV at 2, and his room's door closed.

any chance you could pop the cover off to the stat there should be either 3 or 4 wires there

if theres just two theres your issue

any chance you could pop the cover off to the stat there should be either 3 or 4 wires there

if theres just two theres your issue

Hi ShaunCorbs,

I opened it, there are 3 wires, one is half green half yellow, another is blue, and a 3rd is brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermostat with a small differential + anticipator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have just got a new new Viessmann 222-F Boiler & need to decide which Smart Thermostat System to get for it - I am a novice & know...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock