Discuss thermostat regulations! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

did a job for one of my contractors today who asked me to change 2 emersion heaters on a cylinder.
turned up at property and the electrician was there doing some work necessary to issue a saftey certificate.
i asked him which heater didnt work and he replied 'both of them work':sosp: he then went on to say that there is no thermal cut-out to the stat and there is a plastic header tank which could cause tank to buckle due to high heat!:bobby:. so off i went to at least 4 merchants to source thermal cut-out stats each of them telling me they had them in stock over the phone only to find NONE of them had cut-outs on them:ack2:.
finally ended up at City electrical factors who stocked a shelf full of them:rolleyes2:.

have i missed owt here and everyone else is aware of this requirement a all 4 merchants looked at me gone out as i felt like i was on a trip for a long stand:nono:
feckknows why he didnt just do them himself!!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes its a must to have a thermal cut out and prob couldnt get them out / didn't want to :D

City do have their own suppliers mainly under their CEFCO brand but mainly use third party companies

cant understand why there not all conforming after all, its only a little button!
and plumb center dont even have them stocked!!!

I thought all of them had thermal cut outs now. Because if you buy cheap ones they just trip all the time!

they probably al had them but those behind the counter didnt know.............. they prevent boiled babies!

they probably al had them but those behind the counter didnt know.............. they prevent boiled babies!

i'll get the carrots!

nope, they bought one out off the shelf and no stat on it! but, if you buy the whole emersion they were installed!!

All the new ones have them built in now.

All the new ones have them built in now.

thats why i have never questioned it, you go to merchant-buy and fit!
only thing is 3 of my local merchants dont stock the ones that have the cut-outs in all the ranges, unless their palming off old stocks? one merchant called me into the stores and from about 40 on the shelf only 5 3 foot ones from heatrae had them included!
so NO, not all the 'new' ones have them.is it allowed?

Last edited by a moderator:
thermal cutouts are all built in and have been for some years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermostat regulations! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock