Discuss The Snow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tamz

Well after 2 days of seeing on the news about the snow it got here
IMG_2236.jpg

I love it:D

doing a bathroon today, my own, i hate plumbing

What are you doing talking here - you should be getting on with your work. If you're not careful you'll miss the rugger this afternoon.

:p

Hope it goes well - more pressure when it's your own, in my opinion as with customers' work at least you don't see those annoying little things you missed!!

I'd love to do our bathroom again. Unfortunately I did such a good job last time ...:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

see you got a 55 freelander there tamz.
talking to the wife today about getting an mot on our freeloader and back on the road so i can use it, especially if it turns out like last year.
i took her indoors out this afternoon and to be honest her rav4 just dont seem that confident in the snow.
i may be the only muppet out working if so, then again, i could charge what i like i suppose.

Redsaw.
It's a new one with a private plate. Bought it in May after all the moaning she did about having to drive in the snow last year.
She originally wanted a Ford Kuga but i hit that one on the head and bought the Freelander.
Been out to play in it today as this is the first serious snow. Around 8" fell last night and this morning here so went up the forest tracks to give her a go and i have to say it/she did well. Better than i thought it would TBH.
Bought another set of wheels off e-bay and had them fitted with BF Goodrich all terrain T/A's but not put them on yet.
Last 4x4 i had was an old Riva, 25 years or so ago which although a noisy unreliable heap of sh... it could go anywhere.

ah,
bit too much snow on it to have been sure.

do like the new one's a lot bigger than older model. the good thing is her indoors likes em too and really wanted the one on the forcourt for £18k. but since i only drive a car on sunday for one hour i put a stop to it.lol. give a couple of years and we will get one or the new disco she likes.

my problem at the moment is getting a new mot on the old landy, its taxed but not insured, i need to know what wants doing to it first to be viable for the insurance and the garage is only half a mile down the road, just past the cop shop. hmmm.

Redsaw.
It's a new one with a private plate. Bought it in May after all the moaning she did about having to drive in the snow last year.
She originally wanted a Ford Kuga but i hit that one on the head and bought the Freelander.
Been out to play in it today as this is the first serious snow. Around 8" fell last night and this morning here so went up the forest tracks to give her a go and i have to say it/she did well. Better than i thought it would TBH.
Bought another set of wheels off e-bay and had them fitted with BF Goodrich all terrain T/A's but not put them on yet.
Last 4x4 i had was an old Riva, 25 years or so ago which although a noisy unreliable heap of sh... it could go anywhere.

The BF Goodrich ATs are an excellent tyre, they will make a huge difference once fitted.

I don't drive it much either. About as far as i usually get is the petrol station to fill it up:p

Might be taking it tomorrow though and she can have a day off. The snow is back on quite heavy and i have an 80 mile round trip. That will please her when she sees the tools being lugged into the back. Not so much the tools but she knows i will have a *** or 10 in it:D

Blackcat

I was thinking of swapping the wheels last week but i'll wait until this snow goes unless it gets really bad. It was the guy in the local garage who recommended them and i'm sure they will do the job.

The BFs are an excellent compromise between on road and off road, we green lane in my mates 90 with these on. I cant wait to get another landy, Ive got my eye on a 110 HI Cap pick up, 2" suspension lift ,32" wheel tyre combo ,Snorkel, Plasma winch and tru trac locking diffs.
Shona wants a new house with fitted wardrobes, guess Il have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Snow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back