Search the forum,

Discuss The Snow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tamz

Well after 2 days of seeing on the news about the snow it got here
IMG_2236.jpg

I love it:D

One more van and you will be able to harness up and pull that big sledge !
We got the snow last nite as well

my astras frozen solid good i am not working today,wont be on here later sis wedding will be very drunk lol

cheers toddyplumb,well she said she wanted a white wedding

doing a bathroon today, my own, i hate plumbing

What are you doing talking here - you should be getting on with your work. If you're not careful you'll miss the rugger this afternoon.

:p

Hope it goes well - more pressure when it's your own, in my opinion as with customers' work at least you don't see those annoying little things you missed!!

I'd love to do our bathroom again. Unfortunately I did such a good job last time ...:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

see you got a 55 freelander there tamz.
talking to the wife today about getting an mot on our freeloader and back on the road so i can use it, especially if it turns out like last year.
i took her indoors out this afternoon and to be honest her rav4 just dont seem that confident in the snow.
i may be the only muppet out working if so, then again, i could charge what i like i suppose.

Redsaw.
It's a new one with a private plate. Bought it in May after all the moaning she did about having to drive in the snow last year.
She originally wanted a Ford Kuga but i hit that one on the head and bought the Freelander.
Been out to play in it today as this is the first serious snow. Around 8" fell last night and this morning here so went up the forest tracks to give her a go and i have to say it/she did well. Better than i thought it would TBH.
Bought another set of wheels off e-bay and had them fitted with BF Goodrich all terrain T/A's but not put them on yet.
Last 4x4 i had was an old Riva, 25 years or so ago which although a noisy unreliable heap of sh... it could go anywhere.

ah,
bit too much snow on it to have been sure.

do like the new one's a lot bigger than older model. the good thing is her indoors likes em too and really wanted the one on the forcourt for £18k. but since i only drive a car on sunday for one hour i put a stop to it.lol. give a couple of years and we will get one or the new disco she likes.

my problem at the moment is getting a new mot on the old landy, its taxed but not insured, i need to know what wants doing to it first to be viable for the insurance and the garage is only half a mile down the road, just past the cop shop. hmmm.

Redsaw.
It's a new one with a private plate. Bought it in May after all the moaning she did about having to drive in the snow last year.
She originally wanted a Ford Kuga but i hit that one on the head and bought the Freelander.
Been out to play in it today as this is the first serious snow. Around 8" fell last night and this morning here so went up the forest tracks to give her a go and i have to say it/she did well. Better than i thought it would TBH.
Bought another set of wheels off e-bay and had them fitted with BF Goodrich all terrain T/A's but not put them on yet.
Last 4x4 i had was an old Riva, 25 years or so ago which although a noisy unreliable heap of sh... it could go anywhere.

The BF Goodrich ATs are an excellent tyre, they will make a huge difference once fitted.

I don't drive it much either. About as far as i usually get is the petrol station to fill it up:p

Might be taking it tomorrow though and she can have a day off. The snow is back on quite heavy and i have an 80 mile round trip. That will please her when she sees the tools being lugged into the back. Not so much the tools but she knows i will have a *** or 10 in it:D

Blackcat

I was thinking of swapping the wheels last week but i'll wait until this snow goes unless it gets really bad. It was the guy in the local garage who recommended them and i'm sure they will do the job.

The BFs are an excellent compromise between on road and off road, we green lane in my mates 90 with these on. I cant wait to get another landy, Ive got my eye on a 110 HI Cap pick up, 2" suspension lift ,32" wheel tyre combo ,Snorkel, Plasma winch and tru trac locking diffs.
Shona wants a new house with fitted wardrobes, guess Il have to wait.

i have got a set of avons on steel defender rims with 12mm of tread on for sale?

Ive got my eye on a 110 HI Cap pick up, 2" suspension lift ,32" wheel tyre combo ,Snorkel, Plasma winch and tru trac locking diffs.

You've lost me:D

When i got it originally she wanted a Kuga and i said fk that if you want a 4x4 you are getting a real one, a Landrover.
So, it came down to a used Discovery or a new Freelander with some bits added to make it look the part. She chose the Freelander which suited me as it was 3 grand cheaper. She nearly went for a Honda CRV though as she liked the seats:rolleyes: but i talked her out of that.

As i said i never really drive it so today with all the snow she started with the what if i don't get to work nonsense so i took her up to the forest tracks and let her have a go. I even ended up on top of a 100 odd ft bing (slag heap from the old coal mines). Though it wouldn't make it but it did.
She came back well impressed and secretly so was i. Boys and there toys:)

I think you need to put your foot down with Shona...........fitted wardrobes:rolleyes::D

buy her a flat pack robe from 'i'vnoidea' and tell her it it a fitted robe- fitted to the box its in.lol.

I tuned around last year in the snow in my little Vauxhall Combi Van and I only got stuck about 8 times. So there.

If it snows down south again, I'll just have to crack on with it, the Mrs is off work now expecting our second baby....wish I had a four wheel drive!

Having a 4x4 just means you don't get stuck. It is everyone else who is the problem.

Today was a waste of time for me.
Another 8" or so fell here last night and got up this morning about half 6 to the usual pandemonium all over the news. Roads and motorways shut, jackknifed lorries all over the place. Had a walk up to the main road. Nothing gritted, place like Beirut.

Rung the lads and told them not to even bother trying. Rung the customers, told him we wouldn't make it today, rung the next few customers to tell them their jobs would have to be put back a day or 2. All were quite understanding.
Rung the merchants, still shut at 8. Rung the manager on his mobile who said everyone including him, were struggling to get in and he didn't know if they would get deliveries out when they did get there.

So i had a nice fry up breakfast, then cleared the drive and found a couple of vans:p

IMG_2240.jpg

Went to the merchants and picked up a couple of boilers and stuff and delivered them to the jobs myself so at least the materials are on site if we make it tomorrow. Took 5 hours to drive around 80 miles. Came back cleared the drive again.
Not a good day and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

The snow is back on again and around another 4" has fallen since about 5 tonight and is forecast for more throughout the night. I'll go out and clear it again when it stops but i'm running out of places to put my snow:confused: It is piled 4ft high.

The weans are loving it. Schools are shut and some were actually out playing:D

bathroom 005.jpgbathroom 004.jpg

How did that bathroom go?

Job's a good'un hopefully.

Well yes and no...
I think ive said before im not on the tools anymore and have an underactive thyroid which makes me struggle with the physical side a bit so i got a mate to come and help me (also a plumber who has left the trade) and his alcoholic mate whos a great plumber if you can keep him sober! the main issue was the bath, i took out a 1700 and replaced with a 1800 so i didnt have to build boxing in at the end of the bath. what i hadnt bargained for was the fact that its 100mm wider as well!!arrhh. I was worried about the stress on the bath when people are having a shower so got some 5/8" marine ply to help support the bottom, this is a bit heavy on your own so 2 of us sorted that whilst the alcoholic plumber dressed the basin with new taps(2 years old and going back in after new tiling) then my mate opened his big mouth and told the wife a chrome plug and waste would look better so that cost me another £8!!!! The bath went in fine but the new waste took an hour to stop leaking!i could have killed him. all ended well and we went the pub.

The wife says the day after, i want the WC moving a bit to the left!! all siliconed and drilled in, i had to strip it out after work tonight and move it across. All done, i just need to drill the pan and silicone the rear of the bath and a few missed bits and jobs a good un.

oh yes, and then i need to box in and make a panel, she can wait for that!

Looks great and by the sounds of things it seems like you had a great day ... just like one of those Royal Family Xmas decorating afternoons with them all wiggling their bums.

I'm impressed with the speed of fitting too.

We did it in 3 and 1/2 hours, an hour of that was the damn new basin waste!!!! gggrrrr. Im happy with it though, once all the boxing in is done it should look nice. The bath is a bit big for the size of the room but its great to have a soak in, especially this weather!

cheers

oh yeh, forgot to add, it was a great night in the pub, drinking real ales, they wouldnt take any money off me so i bought their ale all night, would have been cheaper to pay em!

nice work fuzzy,see you have a shaver point as well,very posh

and is that a stig soap on a rope..... way to go ...respect
:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, that feed to the loo could do with moving a couple of inches to the left fuzz.lol.

unfroze the locks to the landrover today tamz, its been standing there for 3 months and ccracked into life on the first turn of the key. quality...
last night i got a quote online fully comp with no-no claims discount (as its on the van) £193.

just got to get a new m.o.t on it and i'm a 'all weather plumbing & heating' (double rates imminent though.bring it on lol.

No snow here yet,; due tomorrow. My condensate pipe froze up on my Vaillant though. how embarassing for a plumber to have water dripping through his own ceiling (BOILER in Roof Space) not good. Thing that really gets me is it complies to all the bloody standards, (Insulated correct fall and discharge) Think I will have to get a heat trace fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks, I can wait till tomorrow and its free. well almost.

I have been. You have no idea honestly i am running out of space.
Give me 5 and i will get a pic.

Keep on diggin boys. Shorts, tee shirts and sunglasses down here LOL

Front gardenIMG_2269.jpg
This is the worst snow at this time of year i can ever remember.
Steve
It looks like i will be off to the sun on 23rd.
She booked it tonight.
Anything for peace:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Snow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock