Search the forum,

Discuss surely theres something illegal about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, ive recently been at college doing my gas course CCN 1, & 4 appliances, the bloke i used to work for (i went self employed last year) has suggested that once i get my qualifications in gas i can go onto his gas safe registration as its cheaper for me that way. the thing is im not to sure thats entirely legal. can i go into a property under my company name and use a gas safe registration with my name on it but the other guys company name on it? doesnt seem right to me and i cant find any guidance on the gas safe website either.

any advice?

Cheers fellas.

If its the same as the Elec regs then i would hazard a guess at no as the answer.

One of the lads will probably clarify it when they log on. :)

I would get your own unless cards in and genuinely working for him 90% of the time, what happems when you need to notify your work or if something hits the fan legal wise? Gas Safe will let you join pro rata unlike Corgi so you get a full year whenever you join. Seems like a lot of money now,esp in current climate but once you paid for new business fee and years membership you will only have to pay yearly subs from then on. Good luck.

if you have proved your competent, you will hace a logic card.
with that logic card you personally can register with gas safe.
the gas safe registration allows you to work on gas.

if you work for a company, and they have you registered on their books, then you may work on gas unsupervised on the companies jobs only, you cannot work on your own private jobs.

gas safe require an additional payment from yourself if you wish to work on your own jobs.

i dont know where your company standsif you register and then work for a company, the best bet is to speak to gas safe, and get approval in writing before you start any gas work !!

let us know how you get on.

shaun

Cheers shaun (migoplumber)

I have sent gas safe an e-mail about this so as soon as i get the reply ill let you guys know what the answer is. :)

thanks
J

hi guys. i got a reply from Gas Safe today. my suspicions were confirmed,

Long answer short is,,, i can use the card with my name on it but hos company name on if the work is being done for his company but if i do work through my company then i must have my company registered aswell. gotta keep it legal. i had a funny feeling that was the answer i'd get.

Cheers everyone. hope this helps others with the same query, :p

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to surely theres something illegal about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock