Discuss Solid Fuel Two pipe Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mally46

I hope someone can help me with this, I am fitting an Aarrow Stratford 7 with back boiler which has two pipe connections as it has been used for HW only, my question is can I use the two pipe system to do HW and heat a downstairs rad, using the rad as the heat sink for excess heat to the HW. I do not think I can run HW and rad's from this two pipe set up even though it would be only two rads plus one in the bathroom as the heat sink, also how can I control the temperature in the HW cylinder, can this be done by a thermostat on the tank and a ported valve as per oil/gas system. I do not have mains gas and oil & LPG are expensive as I will use the fire as a room heater also.
Many thanks
Malcolm

Have a look at this.

Stratford Boiler Stoves Demonstration

You can't control the water temp as you can on a gas system. It is done to an extent through the heat leak rad and a high limit stat which will turn the pump on to disipate the heat through the rads.

If you haven't got much of a clue about how this is done maybe you would be better getting someone in as if it is done wrong or badly it can be very dangerous.

Thanks Tamz, I understand the principals of solid fuel heating by gravity but would call on someones experience to see if I can use the rad downstairs as the heat draw off point instead of the bathroom, or a small rad in the bathromm as well. The fire is in the dining room and it is open plan with the stairs leading upstairs in it so heat will convect upstairs so no rads in the bedrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solid Fuel Two pipe Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock