Search the forum,

Discuss Slow, dripping water filling water tank in loft... Please see below: in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hasa

Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing a bit of an issue here:

When turning the taps on for hot water, there isn't any current / flow of water coming in and I don't know why.

It felt as if something / someone turned the tap off.

As a result, this has effected the kitchen, washing machine, dish washer downstairs and upstair bathroom hot water taps.

Cold water is working absolutely fine without any problems.

No drastic changes have been made recently to the central heating but I recently have installed an internet thermostat where I can regulate hot water and central heating with my iPhone. (Maybe, I'm programming more hot water than before?!)

I went into the loft and noticed that ball-valve isn't floating inside the water tank. If I lift the ball upwards the dripping stops and when I release the ball, the dripping recommences.

To me, that makes perfect as when the water fills up to reasonable level, the ball is there to stop any more water coming in.

But as it is, the distance between the ball and the water below is pretty big and dripping is taking 'forever' to refill back up to a normal levels so does anyone know what's happening here and why is the water dripping instead of flowing quickly to get back to same level again?

If it helps, I can take a picture, I hope what I've written here makes some sort of sense.

Lastly, if I get a professional to come in, how much is something like that going to fix. I know different plumbers charge different rates but what is the average cost?

I'm based in Woodford, Essex / Greater London.

Many thanks and looking forward to your answers.

regards,

Hashim.

Excellent advice from kay-jay. If you have problems doing this, PM me. I live about 10 minutes away from you, in Chingford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow, dripping water filling water tank in loft... Please see below: in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock