Discuss Shower in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexdavid

Hi All.
I want to relocate a Mira Excel Thermostatic Shower from a downstairs bathroom to an en-suit in a new loft extension. It's run off a Vailliant 824/E Combination Boiler in the kitchen. Please advise as to whether I will maintain good pressure in the loft or if I will need to fit any extra pumpage!? Many Thanks.

David is correct, a combi runs of mains and you cannot fit a pump on mains

You may indeed suffer poor flow especially in the winter months

Can you pop a Electric shower up there?

Thanks for reply chaps. Was trying to keep costs down by re-using Mira unit. Understand now no pump can be fitted just wandered if it was worth a try. Why are problems more apparent in winter?

Basically a combi raises the temp of water by 40 degrees from mains so in sumer at temp or 20-25 you get a nice 60-65 to mix with in winter which if reduce will pass through the boiler quicker at a better flow rate.

In winter at say 5-10 degrees giving a rise of 40 you get 45-50 mixed with cold at the boilers full capacity at its lowest flow rate. combis are best fitted in flats with a electric shower for showering

Hi You will loose 1 bar of pressure for every 10 m rise, however it is likley to work but will be starved when ofter taps in the property are used. Or at times of general high usage / peak demand. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back