Discuss Santon PremierPlus Unvented Hot Water System- Indirect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gofish

Hi,

I am buying a flat which has 7 years old Santon PremierPlus unvented hot water tank with indirect heating from boiler and direct backup heating from heating element. Any reviews on this product in terms of quality and maintenance? How is it in comparison to megaflo?

Good product.
it basically is a megaflo with a separate expansion vessel. IMHO its better than a bubble top cylinder, ie megaflo.

Absolutely ok cylinders, just get a g3 qualified guy around to service it, main thing to keep on top of is the expansion vessel.

Fitting a load now in various new builds, they seem ok.
Didn't know the megaflow was a bubbletop.

Anything is better than megaflo. Does it have a service history?

Not sure, will have to check with the seller. I didn't see any separate expansion vessel but then the airing cupboard was full of other storage stuff so may be hidden somewhere. I have seen megaflo systems mainly in other properties and they didn't have an expansion vessel. Does having a separate vessel instead on one integrated inside the tank (megaflo type) give any specific advantage?

it will have a separate vessel, it you don't want it coming off the wall and potentially flooding your house, you must have it checked.
The bubble tops obviously don't have the expansion vessel , they expansion is taken up inside the cylinder, the only thing against those type of cylinders is they are taller and can not be fitted in to the smaller cylinder cupboards.

At least you wont have to recharge your one as with the megaflows having the baffle system instead of an expansion vessel they need to be regularly depressurised and repressurised. But youl still need your one checked and serviced by a G3 qualified eng. Like lame said the hot water cyl u dont need ti be worried bout make but the boiler that feeds it thats where the real work takes place.

Good product.
it basically is a megaflo with a separate expansion vessel. IMHO its better than a bubble top cylinder, ie megaflo.

Agree. Just to be clear, when Chalked says its "basically a Megaflo" this is not a figure of speech. They are made in the same factory, by the same company, to the same specifcation. The only difference is that the unvented expansion part is achieved differently in the Santon - its in a separate vessel in the Santon version, rather than being integral to the cylinder in the Megaflo. Which version you prefer is largely a matter of personal preference - if it was in my house, I would rather have the Santon version, for ease of maintenance, although it takes up a little more room.

You certainly shouldn't worry about it, just get it serviced by a G3 qualified engineer as the rest of the guys have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon PremierPlus Unvented Hot Water System- Indirect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock