Discuss Replacing motorised valve on a sealed system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drunkn Munky

I need to replace the valve on a sealed system and just wanted to check that its the same prcedure as a vented system

ie. turn system off, drain 1st floor rads, replace valve, refill system

What presure should the system be presurised back up to?

Is there anything else i should bear in mind as its a sealed system?

Dont need to even do that if its the motor, just swith of electricity supply and exchange.

Sorry i should have made it clear the complete valve needs replacing

1 bar when cold and don't forget to actually shut off the filling loop when you get to 1 bar.

Filling loop!

I was told a short while ago, that some insurance companies may not cover you. If you don't remove the filling loop and blank off each pipework end with a proper blank cap and sealing rubber.

Just a thought!

Don't forget, when you fill up after a few days there might be a bit of pressuer loss due to the oxygen in the replacement water settling out. So you may have to top up the system after about a week of it running in the heating season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filling loops need to be removed believe it or not according to regs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing motorised valve on a sealed system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock