Search the forum,

Discuss Replaced radiator now boiler no CH but hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had some damp proofing done and had to remove 2 radiators, and I have just had them re-fit. Heating was working up until the re-fit

Now, the boiler is providing hot water, but when trying to run CH, will fire up then immediately go into pump overrun, cycle repeat every 6-8 minutes.

One heater (the closest to the boiler) is on and hot, but no others in the house

Boiler is a Logic Combi + 24

1. Sounds as if the one working radiator is taking all the heat and returning the water to the boiler so hot that the boiler cuts out.
2. Probably the balance of the system has been upset when radiators removed. Try this on both removed radiators:
2a. Each radiator will have a lock shield valve on one end, and either a wheel head valve or a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV).
2b. Close the lock shield valve (the one you have to remove the cap before turning with a spanner) fully, then open 1/2 a turn.
2c. Open the wheel head valve or TRV fully.
2d. Run the system.
3. If the above results in other radiators getting warm, then the system need balancing. Plenty of guides on the internet.

Reply to Replaced radiator now boiler no CH but hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock