Discuss regulation quiery? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IST

As a plumbing and heating engineer, am i legally allowed to wire up the following:

-grundfos pump
-immersion heater

also, i am not gas safe registered, so am i allowed to drain down the primary water between the boiler and the cylinder and refill? and am i allowed to reset the boiler? or do you need to be registered to do this?

As a plumbing and heating engineer, am i legally allowed to wire up the following:

-grundfos pump
-immersion heater

also, i am not gas safe registered, so am i allowed to drain down the primary water between the boiler and the cylinder and refill? and am i allowed to reset the boiler? or do you need to be registered to do this?

I'd say the Wirings ok as long you know how to do it.

Drain and refill ok as no interuption on the gas/flue line

as for reseting the boiler, this is a user control and anyone can use it as long as it's accessible without taking the boiler to bits

Sum1 may correct me on the wiring though? Part P's etc

As far as I'm aware you can wire up a pump and immersion and reset a boiler (as Mbear says this is a user control)

Re: regulation quiery

:confused:

-grundfos pump
-immersion heater

Silly question!!! you say you are a plumbing and heating engineer? these are basic operatons to complete:confused: i cannot beleive you are asking these questions
Is it a wind up???:rolleyes:

grey area,but an experieced engineer should,nt worry
soon you,ll have to be qullified to turn cold mains on,and off,the way its going

I am going for Ok to wire up pump

Not ok to do immersion heater

thinking-023.GIF

think i would agree,immersion would be part p,hey it rhymes for a change

To much regulation, soon you will have to have that many qualifications, not only will it be virtually impossible to do anything, you will have to spend all of your time and money studying for them, instead of being out working.

Mind safety is an aspect not to be compromised.

But if you know how to do it safely, why not do it?

If your unsure, learn.

If its your own home the you can legally change like for like (electrical) if you doing it for commercial gain (you are charging for your services) then you have to prove competence I.e be qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to regulation quiery? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
My father has a parkray fire which has a back boiler . He had a leaky radiator, when he was attempting to fix leak the circulating pump...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Hi Guys, I've got a woodburning stove with a back boiler that I cant quite figure out. Last year it was heating the water but not the radiators...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Quick one (I hope). I have a gravity fed heating system with a glow worm flexicom boiler in the kitchen. A tank in the airing cupboard...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock