Discuss Pump Differential in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Working on a commercial system and the Grundfos 32-80 single headed pump has a gauge before and after both saying 2bar.

the pump is spinning and no circulation is happening,

both circuits of the header have the same problem but a third set of pumps show 3/4 bar differential.

does anyone thin k this sounds like the pumps shot????

Are you sure the pump is spinning and you are not just feeling a buzzing from it? If it isn't, then the condenser (capacitor) is likely shot and so replace it. I think they are 2.5 microfarrad but you would have to check.

If the pump is actually spinning, check the pipe circuit. Could a bypass valve be too far open?

If the pump is spinning but sluggishly, then the motor windings have deteriorated and I'm afraid it's a replacement.

To check for sure, take the pump off. rig it up to a header tank full of water and run it. If you can place your thumb over the end and stop the flow, it's the motor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump Differential in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get to grips with a system I have inherited as a new home owner. I know that single pipe systems are crap and should be replaced...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a gravity-fed system I have flushed it out a couple of times and it has had x400 in the system for the last 4 weeks. There was one...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock