Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water goes to header tank when powerflushing forward flow,help! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a gravity-fed system I have flushed it out a couple of times and it has had x400 in the system for the last 4 weeks.

There was one radiator with stubborn flow left which doesn't heat up enough, it has 8mm pipes which I think is the problem, rather than the rad as I have had the rad off and it has good flow with a hose pipe.

I put a Fernox Powerflush pump on with forward flow today but I am just getting hot water in the heater tank and it goes to the header tank overflow. Reverse flow is ok.

What should I do to remedy and flush out the system?

I could put a valve on the expansion overflow to somehow limit the flow but a still allow expansion overbiously thats not strictly legit blocking an expansion......

I wante to increase the concentration of x400 to a higher convcentration and have the one stubborn rad being circulated to try and remove the pipe sludge.

Read the pump instructions again. You should block/cap the pipes to the F&E when powerflushing (the expansion tank becomes the pump vessel itself).

Reply to Hot water goes to header tank when powerflushing forward flow,help! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock