Search the forum,

Discuss programmer swap no no hot water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Thompson

Hi all,
I've just swapped over programmers from my defunct honeywell ST699 to their ST9400C. My system includes a V4073 mid position valve and an L641 Cylinder Stat.
The instructions showthe replacement wiring from one unit to the other which i have followed.
Problem! The CH, lights up on the programmer and the boiler fires up but although the Hot Water lights up on the programmer, it doesn't fire up the boiler? I've tried turning up the cylinder stat to induce the boiler to start but to no avail.
Any ideas?
Paul.

Hi all,
I've just swapped over programmers from my defunct honeywell ST699 to their ST9400C. My system includes a V4073 mid position valve and an L641 Cylinder Stat.
The instructions showthe replacement wiring from one unit to the other which i have followed.
Problem! The CH, lights up on the programmer and the boiler fires up but although the Hot Water lights up on the programmer, it doesn't fire up the boiler? I've tried turning up the cylinder stat to induce the boiler to start but to no avail.
Any ideas?
Paul.

Is there a wire at the 'Hot Water off' terminal on your new programmer?

It sounds like you've maybe wired it incorrectly mate. Did it fire for HW before you replaced the prog?

Mbear, thanks for the reply, The wire for the HW off on the ST699 was at terminal 7 and the new instructions say to wire this to terminal 1 on the ST9400 which i have done. It did fire on the old programmer (the old programmer was replaced because the timer functions went mad and i had to switch it manually)

Thanks for the reply Doitmyself,
The backplate has been replaced (part of the new ST9400) as they differ in size. What remains in my old ST699 on my desk is the link between 5 and 8 as you rightly point out it's not needed on the ST9400.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do u know how to fault find and trace voltage on ch systems?

Also do u have a fluke meter?

Try this...
turn power off and prove dead,
Remove the facia from the new prog,
get a spare piece of wire and strip bare at each end,
use this wire to wire the 'live terminal' together with the 'hw on terminal',
stand back and turn power on,

if boiler fires for hw then there may be a fault with the new prog unit or you've maybe not set it or wired it correctly bud

Unfortunately not on both counts mbear. i'm wondering if the ST9400 is faulty? then again something else may have caused the ST699 to go awol?

Mmmm Stand back eh! what could happen? That looks like i'll be putting a live feed to the cylinder stat, is that what you meant?

Mmmm Stand back eh! what could happen? That looks like i'll be putting a live feed to the cylinder stat, is that what you meant?

Nothing should happen, just meant the terminals will be exposed and live, basically don't touch. Safety first and all that

yeah, basically it's called 'linking out', it means u r taking the prog out of the equation. If it fires then u can be sure there's summit not quite right with the prog. U can link out lots of things in ch to prove if components are faulty or not

Nothing should happen, just meant the terminals will be exposed and live, basically don't touch. Safety first and all that

yeah, basically it's called 'linking out', it means u r taking the prog out of the equation. If it fires then u can be sure there's summit not quite right with the prog. U can link out lots of things in ch to prove if components are faulty or not

Thanks for the useful info I'll give it a go

Did you manage to fix it. I have same problem. Lights up, but no one home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to programmer swap no no hot water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock