Discuss price to fit new bathroom suite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
tsta,
it would take 2 hours alone to arrive at your job down there am i right?.
on your horse 'n' cart !.
lol.

p.s i take around 4 hours to remove a bath and re-fit properly, 2 1/2 toilt and 2hr basin. = 8 - 10 hours depending and i work hard with no breaks.

1. I aim for a average £150.00 daily rate as a generalisation.
2. I am interested in 'dumping' prices anyone is paying if anyone is doing it legally at the tip (not a lay-by job). That has to be built in too: as well as any licensing for waste.
3. What's wrong with the DIY stores wastes? (I have my own opinions but am interested to hear from others about this).

im a tiler who recentley started doing bathroom re fits and at the moment inexperienced in plumbing i do get help if needed from a plumber friend ive completed 2 so far to be honest to rip a full suite out and replace in 5 hours must take some doing because im inexperienced its taking me a few days not including tiling or plastering i make sure i double check everything soon i might be able to get a bit quicker but mainting quality is the most important thing. i dont care if the next one takes just as long as with any trade experience is everything

i go in about £300 for a like for like but then again how many bathrooms are in and out there usually always extra work involved especially when fitting diy bathrooms from b and q etc

I dont understand some of you guys on here grumbling about people only charging x amount and doing to job for less than you would , when i turn up to do a quote my heart jumps when the customer has already had a quote and its a low quote because I find if you take the time to explain everything thats involved and how you would go about the job giving reasons why it will take you longer ie pressure test befor installing unvenver hot water cylinder , why must a power flush be done on a most new boilers ect. So please step away form the mind set of cheaper is better because often it is not . If the customer wants a qualty job they will go with the qualty plumber . Who does not want a qualty job ? only a cowboy customer wants a cowboy plumber imho.

fitted the bathroom suite took 2 days charged 350 pound in the end, customer was extremely happy, and so am i ,so everyone is a winner.like puddle said hopefully will get some recommendations out of it. thanks for the replies to everyone.

doing it for cash ,cheap prices,great ! butare you covered insurence wise check your policy,where will your cash reserves be in slack times ,are you charging enough to pay for a pension,

With experience wigz you will come to change your pricing, in the south east £30 an hour is the min with many until recently charging well in excess. Plan a job and take in everything that can happen, very rare are true like for like jobs.

The way I see it is every job is not the same, so you can never really generalise on a price. Also a plumber in london will always charge more than a plumber out in the sticks. 18 months ago I did an ensuite bathroom with dressing room organised by some poncy london designer that had a budget of £50,000, last week I installed an ensuite for £200. so each job has to be looked at on its merits, the way I see it is this, you do a job that your proud to put yer name to, you do a job that your customer is pleased with, you do a job that leaves you with a reasonable profit, and you do a job that has no call backs.
regards
mike

The way I see it is every job is not the same, so you can never really generalise on a price. Also a plumber in london will always charge more than a plumber out in the sticks. 18 months ago I did an ensuite bathroom with dressing room organised by some poncy london designer that had a budget of £50,000, last week I installed an ensuite for £200. so each job has to be looked at on its merits, the way I see it is this, you do a job that your proud to put yer name to, you do a job that your customer is pleased with, you do a job that leaves you with a reasonable profit, and you do a job that has no call backs.
regards
mike

Best answer of them all, Fully agree Mike

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to price to fit new bathroom suite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock