Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Kingfisher CF servicing. (fan assissted open flue) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking at one of these the other day and I gather there is a few still about. I have never worked on one and my question is where do you do flue flow/spillage etc. MI's are no help. I have worked on few mexico supers and they are straight forward enough with easy access to top of heat exchanger for flow test and access at rear for spillage.

sorry Graham have never seen a fan assisted o/f so cant help i take it baxi dont know either???

Is there a TTB on the flue that can be removed to get a smoke match in?

I dont want to be an arse but you shouldnt be working on it. Its on a list ive got of boilers that contain asbestos. If you are going to work on it, keep it in mind

I dont want to be an arse but you shouldnt be working on it. Its on a list ive got of boilers that contain asbestos. If you are going to work on it, keep it in mind

point well made pg asbestos bad news

sorry Graham have never seen a fan assisted o/f so cant help i take it baxi dont know either???
Thought I would test the wealth of knowledge here first gas man.
Cheers for the heads up PaulGas. Referenced the GC number against a list of suspects I have and it is not listed as containing asbestos.

PaulGas, I think you are getting confused with the very first Kingfishers manufacturered late 1970'smay be early 80's. The MF is a more recent appliance manufactured in the 1990's 2,000's,It has not got any asbestos. This is an open flued appliance with a fan assisted combustion process (Not A Fanned Flue) The draught diverter is located on the top at the chimney/flue connection.

PaulGas, I think you are getting confused with the very first Kingfishers manufacturered late 1970'smay be early 80's. The MF is a more recent appliance manufactured in the 1990's 2,000's,It has not got any asbestos. This is an open flued appliance with a fan assisted combustion process (Not A Fanned Flue) The draught diverter is located on the top at the chimney/flue connection.

Thats correct, its an MF. Flue flow & spillage at the flue connector on top of the casing.

Thanks for input guys.
Reg Man, johnp as far as I recall it was a Mf CF 50, with a vertical twin wall flue. I have put in a basic sketch. Are you saying the flue flow as well as spillage is done here. (red arrow in pic) As far as I recall there was only about 10-15mm gap.

kingfisher.jpg

On this note, I have a client who says that when he puts on the hw, the heating comes on as well. No 2/3 port valves on cylinder - does the kingfisher have an internal valve?

No, ordinary system boiler. Zone valves, thermostats, pump all wired remotely, probalble in the airing cupboard. Sounds like your client has insufficient heating controls. Room Thermostat wired through zone valve and interlocked with boiler? Hot water vessel thermostat wired to zone valve and interlocked with boiler? Minimum requirements of Part L. If he has all this in place; it could be problem with how the systems piped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Kingfisher CF servicing. (fan assissted open flue) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock