Discuss Plumbing/Heating Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

franbrad

My boiler has given up and I also have a leak somewhere under my concrete floor. As a result I have had the pipes capped until I can get them re-directed. I cant afford a whole new system so am thinking of buying a used boiler and getting the pipes dropped from upstairs to downstairs in the hope that this will fix it. Could really do with some advice as to the best way to go about this. Costing for this etc???? Thanks in anticipation

Good luck with a used boiler and someone fitting it!

I'm not asking for sarcastic comments - I am asking for genuine advice!!!!!

That's about as genuine as it will get. Are we talking oil or gas?

It's gas. I have a very limited budget and have been without heating throughout the winter whilst I saved up to get repaired - unfortunately my boiler is dead and I have just managed to pay for the leak - I am on a water meter so it was a bit disastrous.

Don't like to say it, but give british gas a call and get it on the never never.

Gas can't be done on the cheap!

Its got to be right. And it would be a false economy to fit a 2nd hand boiler

So how much am I looking at to get a new boiler fitted and pipes redirected.....If anyone has some idea - I have 3 radiators upstairs and 3 downstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing/Heating Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock