Discuss no port valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GBZ

Is it possible to have a system without either a 2 or 3 port valve? If so, how does boiler know where to send heat?

yes it is its called gravity,hot water gets hot on the gravity loop put the pump on and you have heating

so no airing cupboard in house and potterton kingfisher boiler would fit with this kind of system?

Thermostatic flow valves used to be fitted which are essentially the same priniciple as a TRV. These were fitted on the return from the cylinder to the boiler to stop water from going from the cylinder when it had reached 65 degrees C.

Alternatively you will come across twin pumped systems from before zone valves were common. The main fault with these was that even when one pump is off hot water will still circulate leading to heat loss.

Last edited:
back when i was was a lad we used to fit heating with no controls, (70's) boiler thermostat controled hot water and radiator temps!

That was it, basic time control no trv's.

but we had just found a lifetimes worth of oil and gas under the north sea, it would last for ever and it was cheap.

but then an other government sold it all off, so now we have none and are held to ramsom by the people that kept theirs!

But then again i could be wrong

Eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no port valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock