Search the forum,

Discuss National grid - who's responsible me or them?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

fitted a pcb cb to a Worcester 24si mk2. On checking the burner pressure it was to be 9.5 mbar, should be 12.1mbar. Tried to adjust it but wouldn't go adjust, checked working pressure at meter and was found to be 16mbar national grid came out, not governor but supply problem. National grid guy said at first he would leave everything on till they get a team out to rectify problem. Told him I had tried to adjust burner pressure on boiler so if they fix the pressure at the meter tomorrow, it will possibly impact the burner pressure at the boiler making it unsafe so would they check burner pressure on boiler once they are done.

guy just said he will have now have to AR boiler to cover his bum. Now where does that leave me because once they do the work, the burner pressure will need checking to make sure it's safe, is it my responsibility or theirselves??

Grid have someone qualified to do purge and relights.

cant see how they are allowed to increase the working pressure coming into the house without checking that the burner pressures on appliances are still within limits

As above Grid can do relights without actually checking appliances as such, Do ya know any other firm that's allowed to turn back on without certifying as safe. tis wrong i say.

when i had a boiler that was under pressured due to poor supply, they replaced the incoming pipework and moved the meter, repiped to the boiler and checked working pressures were safe at boiler before relighting. seems some areas follow the rules better than others, they all come under the same regs as us.

I'd say you need to return back. The fact you tried to adjust it and the meter was wrong means you did something wrong. Think MI state u should check inlet before adjustments are made. But I would also charge custard as even if you had checked then u would need an extra visit. Latent defect.. ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ

I think that the boiler should be left isolated and tagged that it requires commissioning as it has been adjusted/tweaked whilst the supply was not optimal. It will require a revisit.

All depends on the guys!! I had a good chat with the guys when they came out to customers!! 3 out of 5 of the guys aren't qualified on gas!! They are just digging the hole and putting barriers out etc!! 1 of them is qualified on meters!! So does gas pipe and meters and nothing else!! To get a digger they must raise a ticket!! To get a gas engineer in they must raise a ticket!! To start work!! Raise a ticket!! To Finnish work,, raise a ticket!! So the less tickets they do the better!! The less work they have to do the better!! I got 3 free lengths of copper!! A handful of fittings and a load of washers free cos I helped them out!! So worth me helping!! If you are that worried, ask them to call you when nearly finished to check boiler!! They are helpful if you help them!!

I would say its your responsibly... As you adjusted the burner pressure before checking the inlet on the gas valve which would have shown you a problem etc...

its just one of those things! The customer will appreciate you checking the boiler after they've been & it gives ya peace of mind! Plus you can charge if you really want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to National grid - who's responsible me or them?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
My boiler started to lose pressure once a day about a week ago. It is now losing pressure very quickly and goes from 1.5 bar to empty in an hour. It does the same with just the water on and the water and central heating on. Its a Logic Max Combi C30 and was only installed in February. The Ideal...
Replies
Views
I am new gas safe and met hard situation when I did gas safety check on large property with 3 acre site. The property is old and large size, installed two 30KW heat only gas boiler to supply CH and DHW, range cooker and gas hob. I was be told the meter is installed at the entrance of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure drops over a day or two and I top it up to around 1.5 by means of loop. This temporarily allows the boiler to fire up and do its thing. I can't carry...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock