Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating System Losing Pressure Quickly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My boiler started to lose pressure once a day about a week ago. It is now losing pressure very quickly and goes from 1.5 bar to empty in an hour. It does the same with just the water on and the water and central heating on.

Its a Logic Max Combi C30 and was only installed in February. The Ideal engineer has been out and said its not a boiler issue but a leak somewhere on the central heating system. I've also had the guy our who replaced the boiler in February. He only replaced the boiler so isn't responsible for the pipework around the house or radiators. He's done a check all around the house for any signs of a leak that is visible but can't find anything. He has suggested leak sealant in the system but we don't think it will work because the leak must be quite large to full empty from 1.5bar to nothing in an hour. He has no other suggestions to fix it so I don't know what to do.

Can anyone recommend what we should do? Its quite urgent because we have to top it up every time we want even hot water.

turn off the flow and return taps under the boiler after you have topped it up to 1 1/2 bar, leave it for a few hours then open the taps back up, if it drops after you open them, then you have a leak on your pipe work

Do pipes come out of the floor on ground floor level.
Can you take up some boards?

Reply to Central Heating System Losing Pressure Quickly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock