Discuss My Potterton boiler keeps losing pressure and I don't know why in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be heat exchanger on boiler losing pressure down the condense pipe had the same thing on a three year old worcester

highly unlikely on this boiler i would be checking prv and expansion vessel worth noting on this boiler it has been known for the expansion vessel to crack on its casing but this would cause a very noticeable flood also the valves could be passing pointing the fault back on the system

highly unlikely on this boiler i would be checking prv and expansion vessel worth noting on this boiler it has been known for the expansion vessel to crack on its casing but this would cause a very noticeable flood also the valves could be passing pointing the fault back on the system

I have seen two of these pinholed already.

Turn the boiler off, fill it up and see if anything runs out the condense pipe. If it does you have your culprit.

they might if sentinel feroquest is fitted but i myself or any of the heat-team field engineers i know have never seen this happen

Fair enough but it is a British gas installation... Chances are the system wasn't flushed properly, if at all.

I work for BG and see this on their installations. Maybe its something their using and for the most part BG are changing heat exchangers before we have to go to you guys for help!

You have a leak it's just in a area it's not showing. When you turn valves off all your doing is turning off your flow and return pipwork from boiler

But if I'm turning those valves off, surely the central heating pipes are isolated, and therefore even if there was a leak in those pipes, surely it wouldn't drop in pressure?

are the flow and return valves fully off, as some times you think they off but you have to give some that little tiny bit more and some not all (click) into place,

But if I'm turning those valves off, surely the central heating pipes are isolated, and therefore even if there was a leak in those pipes, surely it wouldn't drop in pressure? ( i would say correct) if the guage is in the boiler side,

If the leak is inside the boiler then when you shut the valves off the pressure reading is that of the pressure in the boiler. so pipes aren't likely to be the answer. thats why its still saying its losing. more than likely the PRV or expansion chamber. due to the heat in the boiler its difficult to spot minor leaks as they evaporate away. also not a great deal of water is needed to be lost to lose the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My Potterton boiler keeps losing pressure and I don't know why in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock