Discuss Male Iron to end feed female..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Had a leaking plate heat exchanger today and found the end feed connection had a gouge on the seat where its been leaking for so long. Tried to replace with a tap connector but they of course have the spigot on them, which wont fit in the hole.
Looks like my only options are:

add solder to fill the gouge on the original and file flat
File flat but will be thin
Use a 1/2" female iron to compression which Im not liking the idea of.
Use a regular EF tap connector and file down.

For a temporary fix, Ive thrown a flexible tap connector on which fits a treat.

Your thoughts chaps?

Use iron to comp and solder the 15 into fitting . Works a treat . Careful not to fill threads on iron end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Male Iron to end feed female..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
Hi there I connected a new shower wand which has a chrome outlet back into a 4" inch thin wide wall and comes out to a 1/2 inch male. I put a...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock