Search the forum,

Discuss MAIN COMBI 24 HE, Pilot light not turning on, no pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky667

Hi everyone, not actually a plumber but winter's coming and my boiler has just broken today, not great when you've got a toddler and it's minus temperatures outside. Basically the pilot light's gone off, I've reset it and checked the manual, the flame warning light is flashing once every two seconds and nothing's working. It just won't light. Can I fix this myself or am I going to need to get someone in for it?
Cheers

There are a few things that take place prior to ignition.
Has the pump started
Has the fan started, air switch , solonoide then gas valve etc.
Can you hear a spark being generated for ten seconds or is it all dead?

sparky667 :welcome: to the forum...

You say its a tad cold at the moment yeh? It's a bit early in the winter for frozen condensate pipes but it's worth checking :)

Do you have a plastic pipe that disappears out the wall and down to a drain outside? If so a kettle of hot water poured over it may be all thats needed to get the heating back on for you:)

Otherwise check that you haven't ran out of gas or the that you haven't accidentally knocked the gas off to the boiler ...

If none of that helps then I'd suggest you get some one in ...

There's a new sub forum on here "I'm looking for a plumber/gas engineer" Post your general whereabouts up on there and you may strike lucky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MAIN COMBI 24 HE, Pilot light not turning on, no pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling suggests means no gas, blocked flue or blocked condensate pipe. There is gas, the flue is clear, and the condensate pipe goes into the under-sink waste...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Hi all. was wondering if anyone knew why my hot water is not working on Worcester Greenstar 25Si . sequence of events: I removed a radiator for decorating , shutting of valves etc then repressurised the boiler back up to 1.5. All seemed to be working . I turned off water overnight. Next day I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock