Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester combi 25Si burner light out in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.
was wondering if anyone knew why my hot water is not working on Worcester Greenstar 25Si .
sequence of events:
I removed a radiator for decorating , shutting of valves etc then repressurised the boiler back up to 1.5. All seemed to be working .
I turned off water overnight.
Next day I tried to turn on hot water at taps (after turning water back on).
boiler whirred into action but then cut off at mains , tripping socket fuse etc. I turned back on at the mains box,
I topped up pressure a little and it hasn’t cut off since, but there’s no hot water/heating.
Tried resetting it etc
There’s no green light on boiler.
Any suggestions ? I will call someone out but just checking I’m not missing anything ...
Thanks!
G

Are you sure it’s an Si? If it’s tripped the electrics, and no there’s no power (what I’m assuming is the green light), then likelyhood is it’s took out a fuse as well.

Are you sure it’s an Si? If it’s tripped the electrics, and no there’s no power (what I’m assuming is the green light), then likelyhood is it’s took out a fuse as well.
It looks pretty much like this one. The sticker on it does say 25si combi. There is power to it now. The tripping stopped after I topped up the pressure a little. It seems to be making a lot of the normal sounds. The bottom blue light flashes when you turn a hot water tap indicating some kind of fault but then turns back to a steady blue light after a short while. There's no 'burner indicator' light (top left in pic), but guessing there should be. The gas supply seems fine in rest of house.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3
It looks pretty much like this one. The sticker on it does say 25si combi. There is power to it now. The tripping stopped after I topped up the pressure a little. It seems to be making a lot of the normal sounds. The bottom blue light flashes when you turn a hot water tap indicating some kind of fault but then turns back to a steady blue light after a short while. There's no 'burner indicator' light (top left in pic), but guessing there should be. The gas supply seems fine in rest of house.
Sorry, was thinking of a different Worcester. Does the heating work? I’m guessing not.
Did you reset the boiler after it tripped out after possibly overheating (when there was no water in it)?

Last edited by a moderator:
No , heating doesn't work. that's right yeah - tried resetting it after the trip out. Hoping I've not done any major damage!
Ok, so assuming you haven’t ran out of gas, or knocked the ECV (emergency control valve) off, then it’s lik still an overheat situation, which could be a few things - pump, heat exchanger, other components.

If you do have gas on, sorry, but you’re going to need a gas safe registered engineer or a fixed price repai from Worcester.

Ok, so assuming you haven’t ran out of gas, or knocked the ECV (emergency control valve) off, then it’s lik still an overheat situation, which could be a few things - pump, heat exchanger, other components.

If you do have gas on, sorry, but you’re going to need a gas safe registered engineer or a fixed price repai from Worcester.
ok thanks. Hoping it won't cost and arm and a leg!

Reply to Worcester combi 25Si burner light out in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock