Discuss MAIN COMBI 24 HE, Pilot light not turning on, no pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky667

Hi everyone, not actually a plumber but winter's coming and my boiler has just broken today, not great when you've got a toddler and it's minus temperatures outside. Basically the pilot light's gone off, I've reset it and checked the manual, the flame warning light is flashing once every two seconds and nothing's working. It just won't light. Can I fix this myself or am I going to need to get someone in for it?
Cheers

There are a few things that take place prior to ignition.
Has the pump started
Has the fan started, air switch , solonoide then gas valve etc.
Can you hear a spark being generated for ten seconds or is it all dead?

sparky667 :welcome: to the forum...

You say its a tad cold at the moment yeh? It's a bit early in the winter for frozen condensate pipes but it's worth checking :)

Do you have a plastic pipe that disappears out the wall and down to a drain outside? If so a kettle of hot water poured over it may be all thats needed to get the heating back on for you:)

Otherwise check that you haven't ran out of gas or the that you haven't accidentally knocked the gas off to the boiler ...

If none of that helps then I'd suggest you get some one in ...

There's a new sub forum on here "I'm looking for a plumber/gas engineer" Post your general whereabouts up on there and you may strike lucky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MAIN COMBI 24 HE, Pilot light not turning on, no pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling...
Replies
Views
Hi all. was wondering if anyone knew why my hot water is not working on Worcester Greenstar 25Si . sequence of events: I removed a radiator for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, I've had a look through the forum and seen a few threads about combi boilers losing pressure, but still haven't worked out what the issue...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Got a Main Combi 24 HE which is stuck on flame failure. Customer had a gas leak on the gas run which was repaired, after this the...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock