Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a plumber to fix pump and hot water problem (SE16) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CalStreet

Hi- I have a powerful pump in my flat (which was put in as the water pressure was so low). The pump worked great for around 2 years, but for the past year has noisily switched itself on every 15mins or so, even if no water is being drained from the system (it makes a loud noise for around 5 seconds, like it does whenever the water's running continuously). The overflow is working so it’s not due to the water level dropping. I started switching it off at night coz it was keeping me awake.

Now the really odd thing- when I switch it off overnight, the cold taps run hot in the morning for a bit, and the toilet fills with very very hot water (like a radiator). I’m concerned the hot water’s going to damage the ballcock etc.

I am looking for a plumber to come and try to work out what's causing the pump to switch itself on and why hot water gets circuited into the cold during the night.

I am located in SE16. Can do any day- preferably the start of the day/towards the end of the day as I will need to take time off work.

Many thanks

Thanks you for posting CalStreet , please contact CAlStreet via Pm if you can help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a plumber to fix pump and hot water problem (SE16) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock