Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss looking at getting NICEIC gas books any good ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liamricho

hi i am looking at picking up some NICEIC gas books the domestic on site safety guide part 1 and 2 and the commercial part 1 and 2 just wondering if anyone has them or should i go with viper or corgi ? thanks:D

NICEIC books are fine; I got them as a part of a course I did. I personally prefer CORGI's Essential Gas Safety and I quite like the Viper books too.

Do you think they re any good for on site work
As that's all I want them for as a reference ? Or
Shud I pay the extra to get the whole corgi domestic and commercial packs they do ?

Most of the site work I've done I could get away with just Essential Gas Safety. I have the whole CORGI domestic set, but don't reference it that often. If I were looking at from a purely economical view, I'd go NICEIC cos it's only £45, whereas Viper is £90 and the full CORGI set is £92.

Most of the site work I've done I could get away with just Essential Gas Safety. I have the whole CORGI domestic set, but don't reference it that often. If I were looking at from a purely economical view, I'd go NICEIC cos it's only £45, whereas Viper is £90 and the full CORGI set is £92.

i have the viper, but i think the corgi is better as it has more technical depth and the egs 'corgi' on its own is £25.

cheers think i will get the two sets of NICEIC see how they are then maybe jus purchase the egs aswell thanks

What about the viper gas online £49.99. Saves carry them all around. What do you think?

I like the online Viper solution too. It's great when you are at a computer, but it's a much more slimmed down version if using it on a mobile device like an iPhone. That can be a real problem if you are in an area with poor reception and need a reference.

Yes I have looked at that buy it's a annual subscription isn't it ? ... And does that include commercial aswell and it is only viewable by computer or phone isn't it and as stated with phone you reception isn't always great at least with a hard copy it's always there.

Yes, it is an annual subscription, but you get one print of each booklet included in the subscription so you can print a reference copy. And yes, commercial is included too as well as some LPG. Also some combi fault finding.

I could have sworn I read something on the Viper site the other night about them releasing a new app for the iPhone to address the issues of lack of reception, but now I can't find it on their site. I would be darn near willing to drop Essential Gas Safety in favour of Viper IF they could produce an app that had all of their reference material and not just a the slimmed down version they currently offer via mobile.

arr well i didnt no you could print out a copy of each that explains why someone on ebay had a a4 print out of the domestic copy hah he got about £40 aswell so got his money back ha ... think i will look into that maybe pay the subsrciption for the year see how it goes hopefully they will release the new app see how it goes and print copys out into a a4 plastic wallet folder thanks

I have just got an ipad what a great piece of kit these are. Now I would really like to reference these books as pdf docs. If viper has a print facility then could you not just print them to a pdf writer. Has anybody got them?

While we are at it any other useful electronic stuff you have could you throw up some links.

Regards
Coley

Did not know there was one on iTunes.
However I have the excellent suite from GB gas it works great on the iPad

Coley

Coley

wooooo, where did you get the gb suit? looking for an excuse to get an iphone

Coley

do you no if this works with the iphone 4 ?? ... i have tryed installing the free gas calculator thats on the site but wont seem to work jus wondering if am doin something wrong thanks

Earlier versions of the GB Gas calculator did work on my iPhone 3GS, but they've made some changes to the spreadsheet that causes it to crash QuickOffice.

it works on documents to go no problems
it does not load in anything else though if its ok with gb gas it is quite simple to copy and paste into a new spreadsheet then it should be ok.

Coley

cheers think i will get the two sets of NICEIC see how they are then maybe jus purchase the egs aswell thanks

i have them and think they are brilliant. the corgi book is good but isnt as user friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking at getting NICEIC gas books any good ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock