Discuss Lockshield + wheelhead valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flycop2000

I am replacing a couple of radiators in large room where the room stat is located. I have two spare lockshields from previous work. Can I use lockshields in place of the wheelhead valves? Are they they both the same inside, just different tops ? Does a wheelhead valve open up more than a lockshield to allow a greater flow of water into the radiator?
Sorry if theses are simple questions ? i'm not a heating engineer, just a keen DIYer. :)

Its still the reason for them though isn't it?

The idea being its awkward for the homeowner to adjust them and only a plumber can

Whether the installer has balanced the rads or not the purpose of the locksheilds remain the same

Strictly speaking, if you're changing valves on a radiator then you should be fitting TRVs in accordance with the building regulations.

I always thought that the radiators in the room with the thermostat should not have TRV's fitted ? :)

All my other radiators have TRV's.

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies. :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lockshield + wheelhead valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I recently bought a bunch of Drayton Wiser Smart TRV heads. I wanted to install them on all of my radiators so that I have full control...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock