Search the forum,

Discuss Inter gas combi boilers do they have a flow restrictor built in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi can some tell me if the inter gas combi boilers have a flow restrictor built in like others do? Reason I'm asking i went out to a job where the customer has bought a house with this boiler already installed. The problem is when they open the taps fully open it gets Luke warm water but if you slightly open the tap you will get hot water. The same problem when they have a shower it doesn't get hot a mixer shower. You can't adjust the shower valve as it states on the manufactures instructions.

i thought about putting a flow restrictor on the incoming cold to the boiler that way when a tap is fully open it will be hot but I've explained to the customer the flow rate will be a lot worst than it is already. The cold water supply is high. ive adjusted the hot water temperature on boiler to max.

any other suggestions.
No unvented cylinders as they don't want to spend the money.

I haven't fitted one yet, so don't know but would have thought so
What flow rate have you got ?
Has it been gas rated, may be undergassed
Need a GSR to look at it with you I'd say

First thing to check is the gas, is it going onto full rate when on for hot water ?

everything is fine with supply of gas it is the only appliance in the house. i just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem. my boss is gsr i just like to to my own research by asking you guys. ill be doing my gas next year.

Is temperature set right on boiler, ? intergas is a good boiler, but a bit of a pain to set up, But you can restrict water flow under boiler

is that under neath the boiler from where the cold supply goes in?

the heat exchager on the water side is a 15mm pipe.
if the incoming pressure is above, I think 3 bar then it should have a pressure reducer on the cold.

Sounds like any combi boiler, water flow is too great & the boiler cannot heat it in time...

You need to check the flow rate against the temperature rise as stated in the manual and see how its performing. Also if you are gas safe registered give Gas Man a PM and get in the private forum to get more details on boiler faults etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inter gas combi boilers do they have a flow restrictor built in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock