Search the forum,

Discuss How do I top up the water in the radiators on an Ideal Mexico super 2 floor boiler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am needing to bleed the radiators at the church building and I opened up the boiler cupboard to see if there are any cock valves to refill the system, but can't locate any. I haven't been able to locate a pressure gauge either and it appears that this boiler doe not have a loft tank either. Does it automatically refill? Would pictures be helpful to show the layout?

Hi all. I am posting the pictures now to assist with my query on a previous post where I asked........ "I am needing to bleed the radiators at the church building and I opened up the boiler cupboard to see if there are any cock valves to refill the system, but can't locate any. I haven't been able to locate a pressure gauge either and it appears that this boiler doe not have a loft tank either. Does it automatically refill?"

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 23
If they are joined into the heating pipes or boiler I would guess the 2 pipes in the back right corner behind the boiler are the feed and vent from the tank above somewhere.
The pipe with the red valve being the cold feed.

If so you don't need to top up it'll fill itself.

If they are joined into the heating pipes or boiler I would guess the 2 pipes in the back right corner behind the boiler are the feed and vent from the tank above somewhere.
The pipe with the red valve being the cold feed.

If so you don't need to top up it'll fill itself.
The 2 pipes on the right come from above. I have been into the loft and traced these - hoping to find a tank - but they just keep going to the side of the building. The valve is open and there is a second cold water feed just below the 2 pipes attached to the pump. I have traced this one as well and it goes directly to mains. So I am assuming it will automatically feed when I bleed the system. Never worked on a boiler like this before - all my others have a separate inlet feed to boost the system and I can see the progress on a pressure valve - but not this one.......

Seen a few tanks in the bell tower

Normally it would have a tank to keep the system topped up, the rising main will probably be to feed the ball valve in this tank or tanks above, the pipe with the red gate valve will be the cold feed into the system the other one the boiler vent , to bleed the system it should only need you to crack the bleed screw on the radiator until water runs free from the vent . Regards Kop

Last edited:

Reply to How do I top up the water in the radiators on an Ideal Mexico super 2 floor boiler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a issue with our heating, where the radiators upstairs are roasting hot, yet the radiators downstairs are stone cold . We had a powerflush done the other day which didn't help ...Two radiators out of four (including lock shields and TRV's) on the ground floor where changed, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock