Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water tap for bath has lost pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Cooper

Hi, can someone offer advice?

Problem: The pressure for the hot water tap to the bath (this is seperate to the en-suite) has lost pressure, since modificatioins to the seperate en-siuite.

History: I decided to change the scource of heating the hotwater, for the en-suite shower. The original system was an open vented indirect cylinder system, which fed the hot water to the shower, via a thermostatic mixer tap.
N.B. All the cold water taps & original shower supplies, are fed from the mains.

The change is to have an electric shower.

Reason to change, was that you got approx 10 minutes of hot water before it went cold, although there was still hot water, when you put on any other hot water tap.

The modifications: involved cutting off and capping off, of the hot water supply from the hot water cylinder to the shower mixing tap; re-siting of the basin in the en-suite.

Any ideas guys :confused:.

R
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was plenty of hot water in the cylinder when the shower went cold, sounds like either your shower HW tapping was too low or you had a shower stat fault.

Could be an airlock somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water tap for bath has lost pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock