Discuss Help with an ID issue please in cistern. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Polyhive

Can someone identify this type of innards as the mechanism is weeping into the pot and I want to find the info to allow me to strip it and clean it.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCF0041[1].jpg
    DSCF0041[1].jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0042[1].jpg
    DSCF0042[1].jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 57
may be cheaper in the long run to replace the flush and float with a fluidmaster kit approx £20 at least you know you will be able to get parts in the future

have a look on lunns.net, if you cant identify it on their site then do as buckley plumb said, although if you do identify it on there it'll still be cheaper to replace the lot:smile:

If its the syphon wer're talking about i Changed one the other day, can't remember what it was called, there's 2 different types, the old one just clicks out and new one in, don't have to take the cistern off..

Siphon was £30.

Thanks for the replies but lunns.net is up for sale it says, so not a lot of assistance.

PH

Thanks for that steveb, the offending item is this one: [h=1]Yellow Pivot Arm Flush Valve (Grey Base/Elongated)[/h]
However it does not say who makes it nor where to get information on how to remove it: any suggestions all?

PH

Phoned Lunns, and spoke to a very helpful person who told me how to remove the fitting (it twists out of two holders at the bottom) and I cleaned it all up and so far so good all issues resolved.

PH

If it's the one I'm thinking of there is a rubber seal on the bottom of the flush unit. For some reason these get bubbles in them which break the seal with the pan. A sharp pin to burst the bubbles and jobs a good'un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with an ID issue please in cistern. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock