Search the forum,

Discuss Help me with the name of a tool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't a freeze in Devon then lame? A drift comes in very handy then.

All we get when it snows are snow drifts, but any frozen pipes just get cut out and replaced, beggar messing around with formers when its cold, fingers are to valuable to smack with a hammer :)

All we get when it snows are snow drifts, but any frozen pipes just get cut out and replaced, beggar messing around with formers when its cold, fingers are to valuable to smack with a hammer :)

And there was me thinking you were a proper plumber!

Picked up a set (leaver type) from a car boot for £10, useful when coming across old size pipe for making adaptor.

These were quite popular back in the day, almost every plumber carried them (Early 70s), mind you the copper pipe was a much better quality, so tool was easy to use.

Always have them in the van , the lever type for normal joints and the hammer in ones for making a slip coupling plus a mapp gas cylinder for quicker annealing.

Used to use a little bit of tallow on the swaging tool as lub. Was still teaching it in college of Northwest London 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help me with the name of a tool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock