Discuss Heating up rooms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjonesguitar

Hi I posted one previous topic earlier. I have a further question.
As I said in my previous post I have recently has central heating fitted to my flat.

Some of the rooms still have a bit of a chill in them. In the lounge which is quite large I noticed that the top of the radiator was much hotter than the bottom. I have started the turn up the temperature of the water for the central heading on the boiler. It was turned up 1/3 - 1/2 way and now I have turned it almost the full way. Is this normal and OK? I have started to notice more head coming out. Also the area around the rads seems to take along time to heat up maybe 1 - 1 1/2 hours let alone the whole room? It seems it would take a couple of hors to heat the a room?

Hi I posted one previous topic earlier. I have a further question.
As I said in my previous post I have recently has central heating fitted to my flat.

Some of the rooms still have a bit of a chill in them. In the lounge which is quite large I noticed that the top of the radiator was much hotter than the bottom. I have started the turn up the temperature of the water for the central heading on the boiler. It was turned up 1/3 - 1/2 way and now I have turned it almost the full way. Is this normal and OK? I have started to notice more head coming out. Also the area around the rads seems to take along time to heat up maybe 1 - 1 1/2 hours let alone the whole room? It seems it would take a couple of hors to heat the a room?
shouldnt take that long to warm a room id get the company back something is undersized either the boiler the rads or the pipework or all three

Thanks Steve for your posts. Does the turning the temp up on the boiler sound normal for this time of year? I may just get another company to do the service and ask them their opinion next year. As i said he seems do have done a good job so otherwise. I have put the heating on today and it feels like it is a warm as it will go after 1 1/2 hours. Dont get me wrong... its not cold just normal room temp. Some houses i go in feel warm.

Depends how tight you are,its better to have the central heating set low non stop as have it turned off all day then expect it to heat the room like a car heater after 5 mins

I do not know were you are,but in general, it is not that cold at the moment,so if you are struggling to heat rooms correctly now,in the middle of winter you will be in big trouble
Make sure thermostatic radiator valves are opened up correctly,however rads seem under sized,get the installer back to correct
If you are sat there cold with a jumper on 'he has not done a good job'

Was the system flushed in line with regs, shouldn't have cold bottoms warm tops on new system, do you have time controls, boiler stat should be set, was the "plumber"
a plumber. Bare in mind that if the room temp has gone down to 16c it wil take longer to heat the room to 21c than taking it from 18c, regardless of rad size. A few things here dont add up

Must admit agree with radswill do. You should not be having cold areas on the rads.

Hi what do you mean by balenced rads? The rads were not cold at bottom just hotter at top then at bottom. This was only with the bigger rads. So i started to turn the tamp up on boiler when i noticed this and that the rooms didn't seem to be heating like they should. Now they are fine and rooms are confortable/warming up just takes time but then seems logical as heating was of for hours before. There is stat on boiler and also has a timer. Temp on boiler is 9th way up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating up rooms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
Back