Search the forum,

Discuss Vertical Radiator Makes A Bang When Heating Up & Cooling Down in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield.

The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1 bar, turned the boiler temperature down and bleed the radiator. But it makes no difference.

I haven’t experienced a noise like this before and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it, before we consider replacing the radiator. Many thanks

Attachments

• 2ec48df2-1da9-4383-8e81-d66932839590.jpeg
    2ec48df2-1da9-4383-8e81-d66932839590.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 9
It’s expansion and contraction do you have the rubber feet on the clips ?

Reply to Vertical Radiator Makes A Bang When Heating Up & Cooling Down in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3 of high. The rest remain cold. Also, radiator is making quite loud noise when heating up. The system/radiator is free of air. My plumber was...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I borrowed a thermal camera and attached is the thermal image. System is balanced, there doesn't seem to be air coming out of the bleeding valve and was...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock