Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar 30CDi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derrick229

I'm back with yet another problem,

Bloke has a boiler, been working fine until this cold snap, he has turned on the heating and now the pressure keeps dropping every couple of hours

The hot water side was fine, until he switched to the heating on

He has a Worscester 30CDi connected to a high pressure hot water cylinder

I cant get to see this thing (he lives in ***bria, I live in London)

But he has sent me a lot of photos

No water is showing, no puddles, the pressure relief valve isnt letting by, but if left, he can hear the rads draining down, the water is going somewhere, any ideas where ?

A heating pipe has frozen under the ground floor, this has split then thawed out, then is leaking?.

A heating pipe has frozen under the ground floor, this has split then thawed out, then is leaking?.

no pipework under the ground floor, he has drops to each rad downstairs, checked all the drain valves as well, just in case, none are outside

He did say he suspected the heat exchanger, but that would show under the boiler wouldnt it ? as a puddle ?

no pipework under the ground floor, he has drops to each rad downstairs, checked all the drain valves as well, just in case, none are outside

He did say he suspected the heat exchanger, but that would show under the boiler wouldnt it ? as a puddle ?
Yes,... unless it was internal and running out of the condense pipe.

Not unless it was internal and running out of the condense pipe.

Nope, checked that, nothing from there either

filled the boiler until the pessure relief valve operated, that dropped to 2 bar, then stopped, but within an hour, it had dropped 1 bar

Nope, checked that, nothing from there either

filled the boiler until the pessure relief valve operated, that dropped to 2 bar, then stopped, but within an hour, it had dropped 1 bar
Without you seeing it Derrick you havent got a chance, IMO from exp you cant rely on what ever the custard has done or said hes done etc.

Without you seeing it Derrick you havent got a chance, IMO from exp you cant rely on what ever the custard has done or said hes done etc.

Tell me about it, but we were on the phone for an hour, shed loads of photos, he is going to get it pressure tested (it gets tested to 2 bar when its filled up, dont know how high he will take it though)

Pipe on the drops are in corner exposed, drain valves exposed, only pipe under the floor is on the second floor where it feeds the rads, then goes up to 3rd floor and feeds them rads

Another bloody job that has a leak but dont show

Tell him to turn off the flow and return on the boiler, then pressure it up then see if it still drops, if it does its the boiler (unless the iso valves dont work lol)

Tell him to turn off the flow and return on the boiler, then pressure it up then see if it still drops, if it does its the boiler (unless the iso valves dont work lol)

Yup, did that, same result, so we know its not the heat exchanger (I never thought it was really)

System is just over 2 years old (must have been just before they stopped making those boilers or last 1 on the shelf :))

Friends!! where would they be without a plumber as a mate ??;)

If its losing as much pressure as he says it is then its going to show pretty soon, possibly through a light socket onto his new plasma tv.

If its losing as much pressure as he says it is then its going to show pretty soon, possibly through a light socket onto his new plasma tv.

Common sense tells me its got to show up somewhere, its either that or he floats away

Not sure how much the system holds, but its got to be 20-30 gallons, thats a lot of water and it would seriously worry me :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar 30CDi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock