Search the forum,

Discuss going old school in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

was fitting a gas fire today. and the lady was having a clear out. 2 boxes of scalextrix she was carting outside to the skip. ooooh if your throwing them out can i have them. so in the van they go. me and son have spent last 2 hours faffing around with the track and cobbling 2 cars together with the parts ( a yellow and a blue ford sierra). son loved it had some good fun takes me back. Scalextrix was my fave as kid.

what did you guys have as toys when you was a nipper.

funny thing is its all boxed up again now prob will never touch it again haha.

was fitting a gas fire today. and the lady was having a clear out. 2 boxes of scalextrix she was carting outside to the skip. ooooh if your throwing them out can i have them. so in the van they go. me and son have spent last 2 hours faffing around with the track and cobbling 2 cars together with the parts ( a yellow and a blue ford sierra). son loved it had some good fun takes me back. Scalextrix was my fave as kid.

what did you guys have as toys when you was a nipper.

funny thing is its all boxed up again now prob will never touch it again haha.

Very very jealous, hours and hours of fun!!!

took me right back putting new braids on the car as there was a few spare although the cars were a bit knackered. am scouring ebay as we speak wondering if i should buy a couple of cars and clear out the attic to put it up there LOL.

Remember one christmas long time ago my brother got scalextrics we ignored all our presents and just played with his. Still love it today.

Me and a mate were working nights before Christmas many, many years ago. He brought his sons scalextric in because he wanted to test it before the night.

These were the cars that had the headlights.

When the morning shift came in they found us in the dark, still playing, and arguing over who had the fastest lap.....

Where I come from. Theyd have found the scalectrix cars on bricks with the wheels missing lol

I may have to dig mine out now and see if it still works, I used to love scalectrix.

Lego, I bought 16kg off Ebay a couple of months back for my daughter......I have to force her to sit down and build with me

I always wanted scalectrix, but I was given hornby railways instead. I remember being slightly disappointed but never said anything. My dad spent the next year building an enormous track and lifelike surroundings. I think he missed out as a child!
greatest present of all time was the original Nintendo. I cried tears of joy that Christmas. Times were hard in our house, it's only now that I realise how hard my parents worked and saved for those special moments.

I loved Scalectrix but I always had a tendancy to make ramps and see how far I could jump cars, they didn't usually last very long...
Lego Technic! I loved it. Made loads of stuff with it, had some electric opening and closing curtains in my bedroom, I made the motorised winding part with technic, took about 5 times longer to do than doing it manually tbh but I was happy.
I did GCSE technology at school and used some bits of my technic stuff in the motorised robotic arm that I made for the exams, the teacher bought it off me for £50 (which was a lot 25 years ago) to show future classes what they were aiming for :)

Lego was eventually used as ammo with me and my brothers. We had a huge bucket of the stuff each and would all set up a base at different doorways on our mums landing and just bomb the **** out of each other, hours of fun!

My cousin had a huge lego collection.

Me and him would each make a sleek and sexy looking flying beast, My brother would have to make a flying brick and my young female cousin had to build a hospital out of what was left!

My cousin had a huge lego collection.

Me and him would each make a sleek and sexy looking flying beast, My brother would have to make a flying brick and my young female cousin had to build a hospital out of what was left!

Always a mad grab for the best bits

hornby and scalelectrix for me too

The original nintendo was the best xmas ever, hours and hours of fum with duck hunt

I always wanted scalectrix, but I was given hornby railways instead. I remember being slightly disappointed but never said anything. My dad spent the next year building an enormous track and lifelike surroundings. I think he missed out as a child!
greatest present of all time was the original Nintendo. I cried tears of joy that Christmas. Times were hard in our house, it's only now that I realise how hard my parents worked and saved for those special moments.

We could be brothers, the exact same in our house

Got an action man empty box one Christmas Dad said it was the action man deserter...lol
Meccanno was my best toy times were fairly tight what with seven of us kids....hours snd hours of fun although only a small kit happy days eh! regards Turnpin:santa3:

My first scalextrix was a joint christmas present for me and my younger brother as my parents were pretty poor back then.
But we always played on on it all the time.
It was a set with mini's. We loved racing but soon got onto more daring stuff. First it was ramps . Then one of us would hold the track up on an angle and see how high we could get the cars up track . The thing is with scalextrix and toys from back when i was a kid which is the 70's you could acually give the toys a fair bit of abuse and they wouldnt break.
Some of the toys my kids have had you only have to look at them and they fell apart.

they dont make em like they used to

Also had an action man with eagle eyes. For some reason i used bury him in the back garden in his tank to see how long he survive.

also used to have loads of soldiers metal and plastic. Me my bro and mates would build bases out of dirt and stuff and then throw stones/bricks at them to see whose would last the longest. Those were great days.

Think my best present was a Evel kanevel stunt bike it had a red thing that you wound it up with it done weelies would fly of the top of our stairs never broke .

Spent my childhood weekends in my dads shed as only two kids near me were loads older and like football. So used to play with 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines at 10, can rebuild almost anything now!
Me and bro spent almost rest of our time playing in ruins of nelson quarry / cement works.

My nephew loves Lego and always gets the star wars ones I love building them for him

Spent my childhood weekends in my dads shed as only two kids near me were loads older and like football. So used to play with 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines at 10, can rebuild almost anything now!
Me and bro spent almost rest of our time playing in ruins of nelson quarry / cement works.
Grew up in Royton as kid just outside Oldham. We used to play in a derelict cotton mill called Roy mill. God this dont half bring some great memories flooding back

My son playing with duplo from 1980's my mother kept all our toys books .....
a4701446c64da5bd78c539510f8583cf.jpg

Wife always rolls her eyes when I talk about christmas past."not that again " an orange an apple and a colouring book.:sleeping:

Wife always rolls her eyes when I talk about christmas past."not that again " an orange an apple and a colouring book.:sleeping:

I think we must be related.....its the only Christmases i knew until i had the shock of my life and unwrapped an Action man ....... couldn't upset me that year.

hornby and scalelectrix for me too

The original nintendo was the best xmas ever, hours and hours of fum with duck hunt
Wow duck hunt is a huge memory for me! Our nan and grandad bought us the first Nintendo and it came with Duck Hunt. When our nan came in to tell us it was bedtime we blagged her to have a go, she was still playing it in the morning when we woke up and it gave her a bad eye for ages where she was aiming lol

I think we must be related.....its the only Christmases i knew until i had the shock of my life and unwrapped an Action man ....... couldn't upset me that year.
We were poor but my mum and dad always got me a good present every year
I used to get a shoe box with an action man deserter in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember the evil knivel stunt bike.
Got one for christmas and managed to snap the handle off first day.
Was gutted

colt .45 and some zig zags; wasent easy growing up on the means streets of wales lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to going old school in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
It appears my heating system is throwing a wobbly; I have a system boiler set-up (Ideal Standard ... I think, can check), hot water works fine but the heating is problematic. When I adjusting the thermostat (Drayton RTS8, running on 24vdc) to kick the heating in to life results in relay chatter...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
L
got home at 3 to find a box for me, which cheered me up having just run away from yet another leak in some alkathene under a plyed and tiled bathroom floor. 4th leak in this pipe in 12 months, yet the muppet landlord wont rip it all out and start again!! So I turned off the mains and came...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
L
started with cancelling first income producing job, to go and research the large amount of water in my sons office computer room, result, damaged basin waste, and tap left on overnight, me thinks someone needs a job satisfaction interview. next job boiler service for nice old lady. turn up 20...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock