Discuss going old school in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

was fitting a gas fire today. and the lady was having a clear out. 2 boxes of scalextrix she was carting outside to the skip. ooooh if your throwing them out can i have them. so in the van they go. me and son have spent last 2 hours faffing around with the track and cobbling 2 cars together with the parts ( a yellow and a blue ford sierra). son loved it had some good fun takes me back. Scalextrix was my fave as kid.

what did you guys have as toys when you was a nipper.

funny thing is its all boxed up again now prob will never touch it again haha.

was fitting a gas fire today. and the lady was having a clear out. 2 boxes of scalextrix she was carting outside to the skip. ooooh if your throwing them out can i have them. so in the van they go. me and son have spent last 2 hours faffing around with the track and cobbling 2 cars together with the parts ( a yellow and a blue ford sierra). son loved it had some good fun takes me back. Scalextrix was my fave as kid.

what did you guys have as toys when you was a nipper.

funny thing is its all boxed up again now prob will never touch it again haha.

Very very jealous, hours and hours of fun!!!

took me right back putting new braids on the car as there was a few spare although the cars were a bit knackered. am scouring ebay as we speak wondering if i should buy a couple of cars and clear out the attic to put it up there LOL.

Remember one christmas long time ago my brother got scalextrics we ignored all our presents and just played with his. Still love it today.

Me and a mate were working nights before Christmas many, many years ago. He brought his sons scalextric in because he wanted to test it before the night.

These were the cars that had the headlights.

When the morning shift came in they found us in the dark, still playing, and arguing over who had the fastest lap.....

Where I come from. Theyd have found the scalectrix cars on bricks with the wheels missing lol

I may have to dig mine out now and see if it still works, I used to love scalectrix.

Lego, I bought 16kg off Ebay a couple of months back for my daughter......I have to force her to sit down and build with me

I always wanted scalectrix, but I was given hornby railways instead. I remember being slightly disappointed but never said anything. My dad spent the next year building an enormous track and lifelike surroundings. I think he missed out as a child!
greatest present of all time was the original Nintendo. I cried tears of joy that Christmas. Times were hard in our house, it's only now that I realise how hard my parents worked and saved for those special moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to going old school in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock