Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm Betacom 30 c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jordand

Anyone have any experience repair these boilers? No lights on display so changed interface board. Same issue so assumed it's was the PCB. Have now changed both the interface board and PCB and still nothing on display.

Before anyone asks there is 230 V to the board

Is green light on ? have you tested for 230v at X15 ? are F1 & F2 fuse's ok ? is live & neutral right way round (Check polarity)

No green light. 230 V at X 15. Both fuses are OK. L and N are good. Really has me stumped.

This is with new PCB and interface board

Cant remember but don't these have a reset on the flow pipe, don't think the book mentions that one

If you have the book look on Page 9 Item 16 over heat stat on right hand side top rear.

The over heat stat wouldn't cause the fault you describing, it would cause the red light on the front to flash .........Try the grey ribbon harness between the two as there notorious for failing

The over heat stat wouldn't cause the fault you describing, it would cause the red light on the front to flash .........Try the grey ribbon harness between the two as there notorious for failing

Used to get the same thing with the CXi if it tripped everything would go dead, again hid at back of boiler.

That's some money spent on a betacom. From memory boards are ÂŁ200 or more. Passed a few of these back to glowworm for fixed price repair as parts prices are daft. Like the cxi fan can take out pcb did. You check resistance of fan pump etc before fitting new board.

Is it possible for pump/fan to blow the new board even if there's no green LED after power is established?

Is it possible for pump/fan to blow the new board even if there's no green LED after power is established?
Technically could happen but would think you would get some power indication for a second before a short circuit takes out a new board.
Always check fan and pump before changing any board.

Not sure if will affect power etc but have you checked if this board has dip switches that may have to be set up? Failing that would be looking at some dodgy harness.

No indication of power after new board. There are dip switches but only needed to turn one on for 30kw NG as it comes set up for 24kw

best to just ring technical line and go through a test procedure with your multi meter, and disconnect everything till you find the fault source. It woks for me as I never have a pen to write down all the criteria for next time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Betacom 30 c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock