Discuss fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

I do think they are damaging to the industry for the wrong people. If your a person who has very little practical experiance in anything, these courses are lethal.

If for example your in the building trade already and you want to add to your repetoir of skills for doing the odd bits and pieces then this can be of help.

I also believe that anyone who decides that they are going to train as an architect should have a couple of years experiance of being a plumber/heating engineer, my reason for saying for this is having spent many years doing installations is architects are great at giving the customer what they want but little practical experiance in how we have to implement the design

I mainly do bathrooms and wetrooms and rarely do boilers, but I did my acs. Would think twice about doing it again if I had to do it every year.

as i keep saying, if its every year it just ONE DAY NOT not the same as now

Yes

I do think they are damaging to the industry for the wrong people. If your a person who has very little practical experiance in anything, these courses are lethal.

If for example your in the building trade already and you want to add to your repetoir of skills for doing the odd bits and pieces then this can be of help.

I also believe that anyone who decides that they are going to train as an architect should have a couple of years experiance of being a plumber/heating engineer, my reason for saying for this is having spent many years doing installations is architects are great at giving the customer what they want but little practical experiance in how we have to implement the design

often not there problem though, do thye also need to be structural engineer, steel worker, glazer, brickie etc etc

do you mean that we are going to have to train for ACS every year now instead of 5 years ?

The government are doing that at the moment with truck drivers, they now have to sit a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) it's 35 hours of extra training every five years or you can do it at 1 day per year to total 35 hours, sounds like a similar thing with the ACS.

ACS isnt there to train you as a gas fitter, just a competence safetty check , not for newbies

ACS isnt there to train you as a gas fitter, just a competence safetty check , not for newbies
That's so true, but I suspect that some centres take on newbies at face value of their "experience".

times change the apprentice route has almost disappeared but a lot has to be said of the individual some folk will pay 5 - 8 grand and will be useless one will get a job at a young age and be very good, get paid very little, but be very good.
qualification numbers mean nothing if the person is even good.
You do not even need a qualification to fit a bathroom or a kitchen sink or an outside tap
What you do need is customers
Now where is the fast track or apprenticeship in that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
The new proposed points system has been a hot topic over the past weeks. Especially relevant is what seems to be a total stop to allowing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello everyone, In 2010 I was doing a course in plumbing, I think it was a BTEC in Plumbing level 2. It was a 2 year course which I completed and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock