Discuss fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive noticed a sharp drop of in small jobs over the last year which i atribute to the rise of plumbing insurance scemes to get these jobs covered as cheap as possible these companies will take on anyone who has the right qualifications as this will cover them for liabilty
as they only pay on completed jobs and the guys have to go back if its wrong they dont care what their skill levels are
unfortunatly this is a world of box ticking
ive heard through the grape vine some of these companies pay as little as 25 quid a call ,pot luck if you get a 5 min or 2 hour job

The theory side of plumbing/heating is easy to learn & understand,putting it into practice it a totally different thing.

To be qualified in two/three years,I would say yes in theory only,but in practically speaking ( doing the job ) my answer is no not in two weeks!!

i wouldnt say it was easy to understand. its easy to learn a minimum and then go out and make a mess

think there is 2 types of people, people who take pride in their work and admire there work after they have finished it, wanting to better themselfs and the others who are only interested in the wage at the end of the week

well said quigley67, tradesmen and chancers is another way of putting it

445 views yet only 24 responds,says it all really.

I'm one of the 445 who viewed and didn't respond. Mainly because I couldn't answer yes or no! I still class myself as a trainee even though I'm level 2 qualified. The reason for that is I've not been plumbing for long, therefore i dont have a vast amount of experience and keep coming across problems that I need help to resolve (hence the reason I'm on here so much). However there are a great many who feel that once they have the tech cert they have enough knowledge to tackle all jobs. In essence I think it's all down to people not being able to identify their own skill levels that has caused the problems, the reasons behind that is also debatable and probably linked to fast track courses.

Hope the above makes sense!

I'm one of the 445 who viewed and didn't respond. Mainly because I couldn't answer yes or no! I still class myself as a trainee even though I'm level 2 qualified. The reason for that is I've not been plumbing for long, therefore i dont have a vast amount of experience and keep coming across problems that I need help to resolve (hence the reason I'm on here so much). However there are a great many who feel that once they have the tech cert they have enough knowledge to tackle all jobs. In essence I think it's all down to people not being able to identify their own skill levels that has caused the problems, the reasons behind that is also debatable and probably linked to fast track courses.

Hope the above makes sense!

in plumbing you have to make a commitment to life long learning,when you say level 2 is that n.v.q. and are you doing an apprenticeship

in plumbing you have to make a commitment to life long learning,when you say level 2 is that n.v.q. and are you doing an apprenticeship

My level 2 is an NVQ, I'm not in an apprenticeship at the moment but I do want to try and get with a bigger company with training or with an experienced plumber to teach me further. Don't get me wrong I wasn't disagreeing with your earlier post or defending fast tracks just trying to explain why I didn't post yes or no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
The new proposed points system has been a hot topic over the past weeks. Especially relevant is what seems to be a total stop to allowing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello everyone, In 2010 I was doing a course in plumbing, I think it was a BTEC in Plumbing level 2. It was a 2 year course which I completed and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have...
Replies
Views
Back