Discuss Freestanding Bath Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rikm1

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice if possible.

I have recently bought a freestanding bath with freestanding pipes which will sit at the side of the bath.
The old bath pipes were at the bottom of the bath, now the pipes need moved half way up the bath under the floor boards and up through them into the tubes and taps.
The tubes which cover the piping are quite tall and only secure to the floor with 3 screws.

My concern is that they will not be very secure. Are there any guides to installing these pipes, securing them under the floor boards to the joists etc?

If anyone has any suggestions or pointers or has installed these before i would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Rik

The screws provided will probably secure the tap enough if you don't swing from it. However I have installed free standing taps before that had a centre support that tied into the overflow pipe, thus making them less wobbly!

However this only works if the taps are at the end of the bath and not the centre of it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Danny,

The freestanding bath has the overflow underneath the bath with the waste. The bath is solid all round so nothing to secure the pipes to.
I think the extra support for the pipes would have to be some sort of wood packing and clamps to fix the pipes under the floorboards, fixed to the joists?

Hopefully nobody will be swinging from them lol!!

They'll probably be ok without any additional support in that case. Anyway here's a bathroom I installed back in 2007. I've not had any call backs about the taps. These are just supported with 4 chrome screws.

Can I just say, thanks for bringing this to my attention as I have realised this bathroom should be on my website, but the designer has ommited it and several other projects. Can't believe I havent realised up until now!!

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Dannypipe/33.jpg

Nice portfolio on your website danny, good work done there. The more pics the better!

The pipes should be ok and good to hear some feedback some someone who's installed them before!

Cheers, yeah you'll be fine.

I can't believe my designer has left out so much of the portfolio I sent her on disk, and that I've only just noticed!

I've just fired her off an email! I've counted 5 projects missing. anyway, your taps should be great, like I say, just don't let the kids swing on em.

All the best,

Danny

Did they run out of money for some more tiles in the left photo?

:p

Nice work - always a pleasure to look at other peoples' stuff - not that many around who are bold enough to take photos of their work!!

Still a good website all the same!

Yeh, im sure it'll come together fine.

Thanks Danny

i all ways try to avoiud these taps especially if theres kids in the house make sure the floor your fixing the to is upto the job ply preferably

Hi, finally got the taps secured to joist.
DSC02001.JPG
DSC02033.JPG

Excellent - nice to see you've nicked the window sill space before all the females can put their clobber on it

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freestanding Bath Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back