Search the forum,

Discuss Finding a replacement for an 'Ideal Standard' shower cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impersona

Hi all,
A new joiner here. I've got an old (90s?) shower head installed in the appartment I bought a few years ago, and it became quite difficult to operate (ie it's quite heavy to push the lever). Not sure if anything can be done with the cartridge itself, so I thought that replacing it would be the easiest solution, but now the problem is - I do not have a replacement!

I could not find the exact cartridge on a number of 'spares' website - do you know if there are any compatible?
Attached some pics of it.

Any help/ideas are appreciated, I really hope to avoid replacing the piping as this means re-tiling the whole bathroom which itself is quite ok.. Maybe there's a way to lubricate/soften the lever??

Cheers,
Mark.

15954167892_5e64c34920_z.jpg
15769097167_48604983cc_z.jpg

15954167472_d33d8eb3ee_z.jpg

15954167392_07051f982b_z.jpg

15335199603_f55c95dd41_z.jpg

15332554394_6dd5f538a4_z.jpg

Even shower doctor has none of them! So it's a rip out :disappointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Finding a replacement for an 'Ideal Standard' shower cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there! our Heritage bath taps (see attached image) have a leak from the shower lever when diverted to the shower head. Unfortunately this model is over 15 years old and spare parts are no longer available. As a very amateur DIY-er I am not familiar with the inner workings of these sort of...
Replies
Views
I would like to replace the lever of Mira shower so I removed the grub screw but cannot pull the current lever. It is stuck, if I pull too much the whole unit may fall. I sprayed some lubricant without success. Any ideas? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi Many years ago a builder installed my Gainsborough ambassador shower https://www.gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/parts-store/Gainsborough-Showers/Gainsborough-Ambassador-Concealed/ unfortunately it was installed too far into the wall, maybe 2-3mm, consequently the temperature control arm found on...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is a Thorn Apollo heat-only open-vented boiler fitted on external kitchen wall running on a Y or S plan with vented cylinder. Seems to reaching end of...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Guys, this is my first post and I'm far from a plumbing expert so I apologize in advance if I accidentally break any unwritten forum rules or use the wrong terminology. I am based in Thailand and the diverter cartridge in my bath/shower mixer broke. The mixer unit is about 8 years old...
Replies
Views
Jimmy_B
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock