Discuss difference between fire safety check v's service? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi
There seems to be plenty of previous debate on the safety check V's service on boilers, so won't go there, but for a gas newbie, where would you draw the line on a safety check on a fire before it becomes a service?

Similar but different - if you went to do a safety check on a fire, no MI's available and co went out of business 9 years ago, so no way to know if coal arrangement was correct plus the small 'ash' type pellets under the coals were right what would you do for the best? Disturb the arrangement to get to the opening, but risk disturbing what was possibly the right arrangement? or leave coals alone alone and do basic checks?

They didn't seem to cover these real world issues in the ACS!

If you can't be sure that the coals are in the correct positions the you have to "at risk" the fire. As far as I'm concerned a safety check is a service without taking the henry off the van. but if you have ripped the fire apart to do a safety check then I don't see the point in not giving it a quick once over with the vac.

i would agree,if the coals not in place then ar ,no point doing a safety might as well do a service and anyway if you have not fitted it you need to remove it to check the catchment space could be all sorts of horrors out of site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to difference between fire safety check v's service? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, looking for some advice on servicing as im a bit behind and tend to take a more holistic approach to it (although im sure thats not...
Replies
Views
Morning all, Currently studying to be a gas engineer. Could someone please advise me of the difference between a service and a safety inspection...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Evening all, At risk of blabbing on i'll try keep this short. I recently replaced an old vented hot water system with a unvented system We went...
Replies
Views
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock