Search the forum,

Discuss Customers Neighbour. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance but then I worked for the rich and never had a cheque that was issued from this country they do not own anything it is all tied up in trust funds that you cannot touch they are paying less tax than you or me ?
Cash is something that you hide up the chimney

Not a chance but then I worked for the rich and never had a cheque that was issued from this country they do not own anything it is all tied up in trust funds that you cannot touch they are paying less tax than you or me ?
Cash is something that you hide up the chimney

Not if you have a coal fire ;)

My god basildog you dont half come across as tit sometimes lighten up man. Its just slang.

Well I think I have seen it all now ?
You really want to advertise on an open forum that you do cash work ?
Do you really think that the HMRC are that stupid ?
They have access to your store loyalty cards so I am sure they read forums too ?
Up tp you but not sure I would be posting that ?

You seem to act a right 0001.jpg with some of your comments on here.

Pot. Kettle. #justsayin'

:)

All friends on a friday night. :)

Well you take cash don't you from your custards? :)

Doesn't mean to say you won't be running it through your accounts?

One chooses friends, your stuck with family :)

Well you take cash don't you from your custards? :)

Don't have custards. Just valued customers. If anyone falls short of the standards of personal behaviour required to be considered a "valued customer", then we politely invite them to settle their account and choose a different merchant, but that only happens a couple of times a year. Usually when some [expletive deleted] decides its a good idea to swear aggressively at our female staff. Although to be fair, on a couple of occasions, the regular customers have solved that problem "informally" before our management could get to the miscreant.

Last edited by a moderator:
The customer is always right I am afraid until as you say it becomes clear the time has come to part company ?
You may not agree with them or even like them but at the end of the day they are paying your wages so they are the boss like it or not ?
I always found being so called self employed was far worse than having the one boss as you had so many different clients to look after, and they all demand a different form of looking after or hand holding some are easier than others but most are demanding in one way or the other ?

All most customers demand is that you do a good job, simple really

The customer is never right. But when they are paying there are different levels of wrong.

Ooh, Mr Ray, glad you're online. Slightly tangential question but vaguely related to customer service etc. Do you have a facility for ordering stuff for future delivery? Or would anything other than next day mess your systems up???

Would you be declaring cash ?

Why not? Last time I looked it was legal tender. Only a muppet wouldnt be putting most cash through the books.

I prefer bank transfer. No fees and it means I dont have to find a parking space between the limited hours the bank decides to open.

Ooh, Mr Ray, glad you're online. Slightly tangential question but vaguely related to customer service etc. Do you have a facility for ordering stuff for future delivery? Or would anything other than next day mess your systems up???

Hi Mas

On the website, you can choose a future day for delivery (or so I am told - we paid the developers to do it, so I hope it works!)

Or just call, and talk to an old fashioned version one point zero human, and anything can be arranged. Even a delivery next thursday week! :)

Only a muppet would be putting most cash through the books.

I prefer bank transfer. No fees and it means I dont have to find a parking space between the limited hours the bank decides to open.[/QUOTE]

corrected it for you !

the customer is not always right i hate that saying. and their not your boss either. yes they deserve respect and you should look after them. i pay my wages after all expenses have been paid

Last edited:

I prefer bank transfer. No fees and it means I dont have to find a parking space between the limited hours the bank decides to open.

corrected it for you ![/QUOTE]

Really, bit of a tax evader in the day eh dog?

Hi Mas

On the website, you can choose a future day for delivery (or so I am told - we paid the developers to do it, so I hope it effing works!)

Or just call, and talk to an old fashioned version one point zero human, and anything can be arranged. Even a delivery next thursday week! :)

It does work. I choose deliveries to sites and dates I know I will be there.

Hi Mas

On the website, you can choose a future day for delivery (or so I am told - we paid the developers to do it, so I hope it effing works!)

Thank you Ray! Never been a need for it before but the stuff I need is on 2-3 day lead time according your website, and I need to coordinate stripping out, delivery and installation as no storage space on site.

I'll phone the order in on Monday.

It does work. I choose deliveries to sites and dates I know I will be there.

Thanks Simon. It was top of the list of improvement requests from customers, so I am glad it works. There are enough software developers buried round the estate - we are starting to run out of fresh plots. :)

your on the wind up aren't you

your on the wind up aren't you
Not at all have been in the trade too long to bother !
Went through the recession in the early 90`s when even the merchants were all on stop so I learnt how to play the game big time !
When you have wages to pay and guys with families to feed what do you do ?
We all learnt to lay them off for a few weeks and pay cash !

Thanks Simon. It was top of the list of improvement requests from customers, so I am glad it works. There are enough software developers buried round the estate - we are starting to run out of fresh plots. :)

Its the communication I like. If theres an issue then the lads are straight on the phone. Also like the call after delivery jyst to makecsure its arrived and everything is ok.

But the option of choising the delivery date is a good one. Lets me plan ahead and probably takes a bit of pressure off if you are having to transfer materials between depots.

No not at all I know my mate does declare it but am afraid I would not take it these days unless it was going in my pocket the banks charge for putting cash in and it would make me cry a lot !!!!!

If I get paid cash then I pay bills with it. I wont pay it in the bank at 30 pence per hundred plus whatever it is these days to dare and go in the bank.

Just for the record......i put cash though the books because i take cash like every other trader on the planet and the tax man knows that.
Custard is not a defamatory description as i would welcome that over the usual description of a$$hole when i walk into my local Williams branch.....or oi oi....the circus is in town....do i get offended?....not a chance......i've been offended by professionals. I suppose the only way to see it is don't use a word to describe someone if you would be offended by the same description........simples.

That is why I have never had a store loyalty card as a lot do not realise that HMRC has acces to them so when the wife is spending £200 a week on shopping but you are only showing that she has £50 a week for shopping ? I do love a tax investigation they are great fun but you do need to get up early in the morning to beat them and they really hate it when you have an answer for everything they throw at you ? Makes them even more determined to get you ,which is when they make the mistake of getting personal and find themselves in deeper doo doo than you were in !!!!!
Probably also why I seem to have so many birthdays as never put any real personal information on anything including utility bills and certainly all online stuff !

Not at all have been in the trade too long to bother !
Went through the recession in the early 90`s when even the merchants were all on stop so I learnt how to play the game big time !
When you have wages to pay and guys with families to feed what do you do ?
We all learnt to lay them off for a few weeks and pay cash !

am i going mad or did thid start with you saying you shouldnt mention keeping cash as the tax man is watching and now your admitting to paying cash fraudulently?

I am not in business ! Even the tax man can do nothing after 6 years and as I am taliking about 25 years ago I do not think I will be losing any sleep !

we all use custard as a bit of fun, but it is actually a bit derogatory.

the inference being that like custard, the customer is usually a bit thick. it is also a portmanteau word made up of (cust)omer and take your pick here..... (re)tard or (bas)tard or indeed any tard you can think of.

consider yourselves enlightened

:hurray::hurray:

we all use custard as a bit of fun, but it is actually a bit derogatory.

the inference being that like custard, the customer is usually a bit thick. it is also a portmanteau word made up of (cust)omer and take your pick here..... (re)tard or (bas)tard or indeed any tard you can think of.

consider yourselves enlightened

:hurray::hurray:

Really? I always thought it was just a playful abbreviation of customer. I stand corrected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers Neighbour. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock