Discuss Customers Neighbour. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not at all I know my mate does declare it but am afraid I would not take it these days unless it was going in my pocket the banks charge for putting cash in and it would make me cry a lot !!!!!

If I get paid cash then I pay bills with it. I wont pay it in the bank at 30 pence per hundred plus whatever it is these days to dare and go in the bank.

Just for the record......i put cash though the books because i take cash like every other trader on the planet and the tax man knows that.
Custard is not a defamatory description as i would welcome that over the usual description of a$$hole when i walk into my local Williams branch.....or oi oi....the circus is in town....do i get offended?....not a chance......i've been offended by professionals. I suppose the only way to see it is don't use a word to describe someone if you would be offended by the same description........simples.

That is why I have never had a store loyalty card as a lot do not realise that HMRC has acces to them so when the wife is spending £200 a week on shopping but you are only showing that she has £50 a week for shopping ? I do love a tax investigation they are great fun but you do need to get up early in the morning to beat them and they really hate it when you have an answer for everything they throw at you ? Makes them even more determined to get you ,which is when they make the mistake of getting personal and find themselves in deeper doo doo than you were in !!!!!
Probably also why I seem to have so many birthdays as never put any real personal information on anything including utility bills and certainly all online stuff !

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all have been in the trade too long to bother !
Went through the recession in the early 90`s when even the merchants were all on stop so I learnt how to play the game big time !
When you have wages to pay and guys with families to feed what do you do ?
We all learnt to lay them off for a few weeks and pay cash !

am i going mad or did thid start with you saying you shouldnt mention keeping cash as the tax man is watching and now your admitting to paying cash fraudulently?

I am not in business ! Even the tax man can do nothing after 6 years and as I am taliking about 25 years ago I do not think I will be losing any sleep !

we all use custard as a bit of fun, but it is actually a bit derogatory.

the inference being that like custard, the customer is usually a bit thick. it is also a portmanteau word made up of (cust)omer and take your pick here..... (re)tard or (bas)tard or indeed any tard you can think of.

consider yourselves enlightened

:hurray::hurray:

we all use custard as a bit of fun, but it is actually a bit derogatory.

the inference being that like custard, the customer is usually a bit thick. it is also a portmanteau word made up of (cust)omer and take your pick here..... (re)tard or (bas)tard or indeed any tard you can think of.

consider yourselves enlightened

:hurray::hurray:

Really? I always thought it was just a playful abbreviation of customer. I stand corrected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers Neighbour. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with...
Replies
Views
S
Neighbour can smell sewage from our toilet. A very smelly problem – our neighbour can smell sewage from our toilet. We live in a semi-detached...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I really hope someone can help me because it is causing so much worry! I bought my house 3 years ago and didn’t know at the time that...
Replies
Views
P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
Sorry this is a bit long but I need to explain the scenario. My neighbour's soil pipe runs underneath the backyard of my house (where my son, his...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock