Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler flue on Party wall boundary wall in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Patrick77

Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still apply if the flue is situated 3 stories up (i.e. blowing out the gable wall in the attic) Approx 8-9meters high.

Would the gasses disperse enough for this to be allowed? It would be at least 15-20 meters from the neighbours property and windows and doors etc. There would be no chance of the neighbour erecting a shed or building to potentially block the flue.
The wall itself is a shared boundary, of my property and their garden.

Would building regulations allow this? Does anyone know?

What if i was to get the neighbours consent, how do you make this binding, and not an issue should the neighbour decide to move?

Any help would be massively appreciated. Ive read a lot of posts, but they all relate to ground level flue extractions, and Im not sure if it would be different if higher up.
I know i could do a vertical flue out of the roof, but this would be a much bigger job, getting scaffolding and roof access etc

Thanks
Patrick

To be blunt, a boundary is a boundary, height is irrelevant.

Saying that, if it’s not a nuisance, I doubt there’ll be an issue.

I’d personally go through the roof.

Scaffolding’s not really needed.

Triple extension and roof ladder. Take a couple of tiles off and pass them through the created hole to someone in the loft. Pass a few more through and all the flue work can be done from within the loft, through the created hole.

Once finished go back up and reinstall the 10 or so tiles.

It’s also possible to remove the tiles from within the loft.

As above through the roof.

Also I doubt that even if you had an agreement with the neighbour that it would stand up if either challenged by a future neighbour or the current one if they changed their mind as the agreement is trying to over rule Building regulation J Section 2.

Last edited:

Reply to Boiler flue on Party wall boundary wall in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the roof. My kitchen is situated internally with no easy access to an external wall. Could I fit a kitchen extractor that ducts vertically then right angles...
Replies
Views
Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock